Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Desdemona ( )
Date: September 27, 2010 12:19AM

The three wives were all talking about the idea of "courting" a fourth wife and then one of them says, "Yeah, I've been feeling like someone was missing...like there would be another one coming into the family."

That just completely reminds me of what other Mormons say about having more kids! They probably wouldn't even see the similarities between the two statements and how weird it sounds....there will always be more kids that could be "waiting" to be born. You know? And there will always be more "wives" that this dude could take on.

Also, wife #2 grew up as a mainstream Mormon before converting to the lifestyle of polygamy. Interesting show. Did anyone else watch it?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Thithter Thim ( )
Date: September 27, 2010 08:12AM

I was going to, but I fell asleep before it started. I'm laughing at the responses from people who've posted about it on their FB status (nevermo's)... "WTF they are so weird" "this is gross" "there's going to be drama soon"...

That last comment I read caught me off guard. Was there something in the show that predicts there will be drama? I cant imagine anyone so perfect and sweet spirited and god loving would allow the public to view this perfect family as anything but.... what did I miss?

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: September 27, 2010 10:05AM

what channel is it on?

Posted by: imsurrounded ( )
Date: September 27, 2010 10:20AM

I'm thinking the anticipation of "drama" would be because it's a TLC show. That network looks for opportunities to ramp up the drama or edit the show to highlight conflict, as all reality shows do. The Learning Channel, my ass. It's a network that takes stressed-out families with lots of kids and films them for the voyeuristic entertainment of others. They've done the Duggars, the Gosselins, the Rolloffs, all of whom have some ties to Protestant Christianity. Now they're jumping on the chance to film another kind of weird family to show how "normal" they are. The formula is usually, we're just like everyone else, but we've got more kids, or we're little people. In this case, they've got more kids AND more wives! I don't actually watch these shows because I'm boycotting TLC, but I do follow the Television Without Pity message boards about the Duggars (I grew up in their kind of mess) and the Gosselins.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2010 10:23AM by imsurrounded.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.