Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Druid ( )
Date: December 02, 2010 11:54PM

See below the disclaimer I get on Church Office Building email. Exactly what type of "confidentail, privileged, unauthorized,prohibited",internal email information that I should take upon myself to "destroy" is the church most afraid of getting leaked out?

NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: goldenrule ( )
Date: December 02, 2010 11:59PM

Yeah. That goes a little above and beyond the typical privacy notice.

Cult.

Posted by: rwg ( )
Date: December 03, 2010 12:03AM

Maybe they just want to sound/feel important as I heard they did after 9/11, when the leadership feared that the Temple would also be attacked. Or is it an internal wikileaks they fear? Really, though, who gives a damn about their bs?

Posted by: resipsaloquitur ( )
Date: December 03, 2010 12:04AM

Actually, this is the exact warning that all lawyers put on the bottom of their faxes and emails. I have no doubt that this was demanded by God's lawfirm, Kirton and McConkie, to protect LDS, Inc. from lawsuits for breaches of ecclesiastical confidentiality. If I was the Morg's lawyer, I would advise them to put exactly this warning, if not a stronger one.

Posted by: Suckafoo ( )
Date: December 03, 2010 12:07AM

Sounds similar to bank privacy disclaimers. Maybe the email is being generated from Deseret Mgmt Corp. :)

Posted by: Eric ( )
Date: December 03, 2010 12:12AM

There isn't anything special about that. The last few companies I've worked for have the same exact thing. Just Google that notice and you will get a million results from all sorts of places.

Posted by: Druid ( )
Date: December 03, 2010 12:27AM

Disclaimer: The above was written in a spirit of sweetness and light. Responsibility for any misinterpretations leading to billions of neurons making disturbing connections through an already twisted superstitious brain eliciting negative emotional responses rests entirely within the reader’s mind.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.