Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: enlightened ( )
Date: December 03, 2010 11:31AM

When someone is ready to leave the church, they could arrange for a false accusation made against themselves. Then not cooperate with the church court. In other words, don't admit or deny anything. This would do a lot of positive things, it would gum up the church courts. Half the power of discernment would get the wrong answer. Then the falsely accused, could advertise that he didn't do the "crime". Church courts shouldn't exist anyway. They shouldn't convict upon the voice of one witness either.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ExMormonRon ( )
Date: December 03, 2010 11:34AM

I think there's a misperception that spying and tattling to church authorities gives rise to the majority of courts held. This isn't true. I can't remember one instance where someone was ratted out and an inquiry ensued. Most all courts that I now of were the result of the individual confessing sins.

Just my $.02

Ron

Date: December 03, 2010 11:50AM

Confess some big thing to the Bishop that didn't happen. Then don't have anything to do with the resulting process. This would show that their power of discernment is no greater than anybody elses.

This would only work for someone who would enjoy the process

Posted by: Primus ( )
Date: December 03, 2010 02:55PM

Posted by: Leah ( )
Date: December 03, 2010 11:36AM

Mormonism is just a fake alternate universe.

It was set up that way because Joseph Smith could not make it in the real world.

No one in their right mind believes that anything a Mormon kangeroo court does is binding or of importance.

Posted by: Misfit ( )
Date: December 03, 2010 11:38AM

Why put yourself through that? Besides, you'd take up the time of 15 men needlessly.

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: December 03, 2010 11:47AM

First, I agree with Misfit. These men hate their jobs just as much as we did and they would rather do almost anything than sit in on a court of love.

Anyway, if you really want to cause a stir, go to the Bishop and tell him you want to rejoin. Go through all the motions, repent, accept all missionary lessons and go to church all the time. When it is time for you to be rebaptized, get up to bear your testimony and when peoples eyes are full of tears, tell them that you were just kidding and now they can see how easily "the spirit" can be faked.

Date: December 03, 2010 11:47AM

"Taking up their time" That is the point. Also, showing that their power of discernment is no greater than anybody elses.

Granted, this would only work for someone who would enjoy the process.

Posted by: blindmag ( )
Date: December 03, 2010 12:05PM

So basicly do what your supposed to do and yu go to cort but get ratted out and all your guilty of is being found out?

Posted by: SD ( )
Date: December 03, 2010 02:54PM

make a wicked YouTube video. Start it with mapping out a plan so everyone knows it's false from the beginning, go to the "confession" and then at the end of the court when they pronounce their "inspired" judgment on you, spring the truth on them and call them out for their lack of inspiration and then present them with your resignation letter. Would take some major cajones though.

Posted by: truthseeker ( )
Date: December 03, 2010 02:58PM

Others can cause a big problem. Some of my TBM wife's TBM friends complained to the bishop that I was abusing my wife. The abuse stems from my disinclination to support church programs and a series of argument my wife and I had about the children participating (raised voices? yes, raised fists? never). The bishop wanted to talk to me several times (3). I refused to meet so he stopped me in the hall one Sunday and I told him I refused to answer such ridiculous accusations, but he was free to speak to my wife. He never bothered me again.

My wife, bless her, is no longer associating with those particular TBM's. One small step at a time.

Posted by: lawstudent2013 ( )
Date: December 03, 2010 03:02PM

This plan wouldn't convince them. Their rational after learning that the "confession" was fake would be that the "inspiration" leading to excommunication was the Lord directing them to punish you for your evil intentions to make the church look bad. They can always think up some rational to explain anything

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.