Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: lawstudent2013 ( )
Date: December 03, 2010 02:05PM

Even when I was a TBM and a missionary the hypocricy of certain missionaries angered me. I read this off of a blog of a missionary I know serving in Singapore "We got into a nice Bible bash on Saturday night. Elder Vance was loving it because he was getting to practice Chinese, but I’ve never wanted to punch an old woman in the head so bad in my life" . So what made "Christ's" representative want to punch an old woman? I would venture to guess that when missionaries aren't allowed to puke out their canned lessons to people and instead are forced to think about the contradictory teachings of the church they understand that they are wrong but they can't admit it so they get angry. I am so thankful that I am out of this cult!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: December 03, 2010 03:04PM

This missionary doesn't care about Christ at all. He just wants to be in a club where he is right and is outraged by anyone who denies him the chance to be right, correct and superior. Absolutely revolting that he would post this on his blog.

Posted by: truthseeker ( )
Date: December 03, 2010 03:08PM

I had one particularly ridiculous comp that told me I would never be a bishop. Isn't it funny that he was right?!

Once I figured out that it was better to be true to myself than some pathetic organization, I was no longer considered eligible to be a bishop. Bummer.

Posted by: Marco Torres ( )
Date: December 03, 2010 03:10PM

Sounds pretty much like 75% of the young men I grew up with. Send that Elder my way and see what happens when I smack that goofy self righteous look off his face.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.