Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: lulu ( )
Date: December 03, 2010 10:06PM

Do you think his individuality will get him in trouble?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: December 03, 2010 10:10PM

Posted by: J. Chan ( )
Date: December 04, 2010 09:46AM

Maybe it's trendy to wear fleece pullovers among the missionaries on his mission.

Most missionaries don't obey all the rules. In fact, it is impossible to obey all the rules in the white handbook because several of the rules contradict one another and cannot be obeyed simultaneously.

I remember two "apostate" items of clothing that were very popular in my mission: green suits and wide, polyester ties. Both items were eventually expressly outlawed by our mission president, and probably never were permissible under a strict reading of the mission rules. But missionaries continued to wear them, not because they were individualistic but because it was more important for them to be "cool" in the eyes of the other elders than it was to be obedient to the letter of the rules.

Posted by: truthseeker ( )
Date: December 04, 2010 06:37PM

The forbidden item in my mission (anaheim CA) was cotton pants. Our MP gave several sternly worded warnings to the missionaries that cotton pants were inappropriate and wearing them would not be tolerated. It pissed me off then, but makes me laugh today.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.