Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Taught to Lie? ( )
Date: December 04, 2010 12:19PM

I was just reading a thread about youth lying about masturbating to get into the temple.
How much of that is to groom young Mormon kids to be dishonest? I mean, nearly 100% of kids do it, so how does the church think so many kids end up getting to do baptisms for the dead? They have to know.
Brigham Young spoke proudly about having some of the worst people in the world in the church; liars, killers, etc. to fight Satan.
If kids learn to lie early on for the "greater good", then the church's secrets are covered and they have a good, deep pool of future apostles. So, I doubt that much of it has to do with being honest. I remember lying in those interviews.
Comments, please.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: anon ( )
Date: December 04, 2010 12:44PM

Yep, I lied every time. It would have been hard not to considering I was usually thinking of the bishops hot daughter while doing it. But I do think you are on to something. Start them out young 'lying for the lord' so when they see the man behind the curtain it's no big deal.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.