Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: mrtranquility ( )
Date: December 06, 2010 01:32PM

Elna Baker http://elnabaker.com/ is an LDS writer/comedian whose subject matter has been being LDS in NYC and has written among other LDS-related topics, about trying to maintain her LDS standards (AKA her "virginity") while dating in NYC.

I noticed as in the recent past she has became rather mute about LDS-related things and then I caught her on This American Life radio show http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/421/last-man-standing this weekend stating that she had "lost her faith". She made a reference to how your beliefs are often those of whom you have a tendency to hang out with, and she only had about six Mormon friends left.

I figured it was only a matter of time with her. Writers have a tendency to be good observers and honest thinkers. Too much going on upstairs.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ExMormonRon ( )
Date: December 06, 2010 01:41PM

Odds are.... she got laid. Lost something beyond her faith. ;)

Ron

Posted by: lily ( )
Date: December 06, 2010 01:57PM

Glad to hear it.

I also figured that once she started poking a little fun at TSCC some of her "friends" would give her a hard time, making it easier for her to exit stage left.

Posted by: Major Bidamon ( )
Date: December 06, 2010 01:59PM

I read her book a couple of months ago and one of my friends is facebook friends with her. He said she's a funny gal. The book was a riot.

Yes. It was a matter of time.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.