Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: tombs1 ( )
Date: September 27, 2010 02:24PM

Ok,
I posted this on the old board, but I think this is such an interesting topic that I wanted to post it again and get anyone's feedback/insight.
Hypothetical Scenero:
Mitt Romney or anothe TBM somhow got elected/became president or Vice President of the United States. He/his family wanted to go do a sesion in the temple. From what I have studied the Secret Service Always! gets its way when it comes to Presidential security, and they are not flexable. How would they go about securing that place? They have requirments for how many agents have to be around the President at all times, and would they be able to bring their weapons and radios in there (probably).
Also, how would they go about securing that place before POTUS arived, which is the hardest part of the Secret Service's job. And how would they get him there without drawing attention. Can you imagine when the motorcade pulled up to the D.c. Temple with all the press vans that always follow the President/Vice President.
Finally, the Secret Service is a really small agency, has anyone out there ever met a TBM Secret Service Agent. I am sure there are some, but could they find enough Temple recomend holding agents to go with a TBM Potus to the temple? This would definitly cause a controversy/problem for the morg if it were ever to hapen. Well I would like to hear anyone's thoughts or hypothesis on this.
P.S. How would the TBM agents in there with the President stay in radio contact with the outside. "Lead to command post, Nephi is at the veil moving into the celestrel room, all agents stand by over." LOL

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: September 27, 2010 02:39PM

Posted by: elfling ( )
Date: September 27, 2010 03:55PM

seems like the only issue. Also, the 3-letter agencies are overrun with morgbots (never question authority, always obedient, hard to blackmail) including the previous-but-one FBI director. I can't imagine the secret service is barren of it's own morg contingent.

Posted by: wittyname ( )
Date: September 27, 2010 04:05PM

Would the secret service be required to wear white suits while in the temple?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.