Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: OnceMore ( )
Date: September 27, 2010 03:45PM

Robert P. George, a Catholic, was honored by mormons at BYU:
"As a Brigham Young University forum speaker in October 2008, George began by addressing his audience as 'fellow disciples of our Lord and our Savior, Jesus Christ.' He then launched into his trademark messages on the sanctity of life and the importance of traditional marriage.

"He began with the Founding Fathers, which, for a man who is an expert in Constitutional Law, seemed a natural place to start. Their moral convictions were rooted in truths they called self-evident, that 'all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, and among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.'"

George is now a history professor at BYU, and has joined the Deseret News team.
Source: http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700064817/Most-influential-Christian-conservative-thinker-Robert-P-George-joins-News-board.html

His main contribution to anti-gay and anti-abortion forces has been to provide a pseudo-scientific, pseudo-intellectual, and pseudo-philosophical cover for all manner of theocratic social engineering.

Excerpt from the news story:
     "George, one of the members of the new Deseret News Editorial Advisory Board, is a devout Catholic and a tenured Princeton professor. He supports the sanctity of life and traditional marriage as well as thoroughness of scholarship and public discourse, especially on the issue of natural law.
"His beliefs have earned him friends and supporters across the spectrum, from members of the LDS Church's Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, whom he calls spiritual brothers, to his liberal colleagues at Princeton, who respect him despite their differences..."

Mormons have also made good friends with His Eminence Francis Cardinal George. "Catholics, Mormons must defend religious freedom together" --http://www.catholicnews.com/data/stories/cns/1000780.htm

"Cardinal George praised the Mormons for their work with Catholics to protect the conscience rights of health care providers and institutions that do not want to participate in abortion or assisted suicide and to defend marriage as the union of a man and a woman...."

"The audience at the 22,700-seat Marriott Center gave Cardinal George a standing ovation after his talk, which also was attended by two top officials of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- Elders Quentin L. Cook and M. Russell Ballard of the Quorum of the Twelve.

"Cardinal George told the gathering that his own experiences with the church began when he went to Salt Lake City as a child with his mother, a church organist, who wanted to hear the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.

"Many years later in 2007, he was offered an opportunity to serve as guest conductor for the Mormon Tabernacle Choir...

"It was also "something of an ego trip" to have "that great choir waiting for me," Cardinal George said. And when he moved his arm, the choir erupted into "a magnificent sound -- all in unison, all in harmony," he added.

"I thought to myself, 'I'm doing better with the Mormons than I am with the Catholics,'" the cardinal said with a laugh. "I've had a lot harder time getting (Catholics) to sing together."

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: September 27, 2010 04:53PM

It is really scary when religions start cooperating. We were much better off before, when they all hated each other and spent their energy fighting amongst themselves.

Posted by: Lucky ( )
Date: September 27, 2010 06:51PM

Joe rabidly attacked Catholicism to help get his LDS scam rolling.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.