Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: foggy ( )
Date: September 28, 2010 11:08AM

Growing up, I knew my father loved me, but sometimes he had a very hard time conveying it. Looking back I know that he was just never equipped to have serious, thoughtful conversations about important life issues. He had the 'right' answers so there was no need for discussion...

Here are a few of the biggies:
What I hope he meant (didn't test this one out): "Your mother and I love you very much and only want the best for you. Getting pregnant at a young age could have some very serious consequences and you would have to give up many of your dreams"

What he said: "If you get pregnant, you're out!"

What I feel he meant: "The church is very important to me, and it would mean the world to me if it meant the same to you and you chose to be married to a worthy young man in the temple"

What he said: "If you don't get married in the temple, I won't come" (He didn't actually follow through with this, although I didn't have him walk me down the aisle)

It has been a lot better the last couple years. (He had a big wake-up call after a health issue almost took his life) I can honestly say now that he likes his nevermo SIL much better than my uncles like the immature, horny RM husbands of their 20 year-old daughters...

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.