Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Utah County Mom ( )
Date: July 13, 2012 01:09PM

The comments section for the Business Week article is fun to read. Full of smug, self-righteous comments from Mormons. Here's my favorite so far:

"All you bashers of the Mormon Faith need to take a good look at yourselves and see who is really directing your thoughts and words because it surely does not come from heaven. The Mormons are some of the best people on this earth, we help everyone from our neighbors to disaster victims, Mormons and non Mormons alike. You will not find a people more dedicated to family and service than us. It seems to me that the life we lead is to difficult for so many, so you must find fault with it, because you can't or don't want to do it. Gotta have that drink or cigarette or that mister or mistress Sin is so much more fun than living a Christ Like Life but will get you nowhere."

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: July 13, 2012 01:15PM

Here, let me just break off this tree branch...cue the peal of thunder...as I skulk away, stealing a glance behind me.

Posted by: jaredsotherbrother ( )
Date: July 13, 2012 05:21PM

That was effin beautiful.

Posted by: kimball ( )
Date: July 13, 2012 06:19PM

http://www.templestudy.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/MichaelBallam.jpg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/13/2012 06:27PM by kimball.

Posted by: xyz ( )
Date: July 13, 2012 01:17PM

let me walk over to my Great and Spacious Building and point my finger and start mocking...

Posted by: rander70 ( )
Date: July 13, 2012 06:12PM

:D Hahaha!

Posted by: jah ( )
Date: July 13, 2012 01:24PM

It just pisses me off how Mormons have been brainwashed in to believing that they hold a monopoly on humitarian aid, charitable donation, and family values.

Posted by: tig ( )
Date: July 13, 2012 01:35PM

"..we help everyone from our neighbors to disaster victims, Mormons and non Mormons alike."

Do you think they could provide a few unbiased sources?

Posted by: Once More ( )
Date: July 13, 2012 01:46PM

The first ten comments in the reader's section below the article are from mormons. They are spitting mad. They are irrational. They are in "I drank the kool aid" style. Mormons are flooding the comments with a combination of propaganda and "How dare you!"

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: July 13, 2012 01:56PM

That works, too.

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: July 13, 2012 02:00PM

They sound crazy.

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: July 13, 2012 02:07PM

This is the ugliest part of mormonism. If you disagree with them, or challenge anything about them, or just question something that does not add up, it MUST be because you want

A DRINK, A CIGARETTE, AND TO COMMIT ADULTERY. You could only question them if SATAN has you firmly in his grasp.

Poor persecuted boobs.

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: July 13, 2012 06:04PM

I don't smoke, and I'm not into adultery, but I'll DRINK to that!

Posted by: hellrazor ( )
Date: July 13, 2012 06:40PM

"People can only be living in sin and ignorance if they don't live the teachings of the Church." Riiiiight.

Posted by: ninja ( )
Date: November 04, 2014 12:31PM

glad to find that Im not the only one on the receiving end of the mormon 'holier than thou' attitude - seems to be a pattern with my encounters

Posted by: moonbeam ( )
Date: July 13, 2012 02:26PM

This article came up in conversation with a never-mo today. He brought it up! He thought it was a great article. Everyone else knows those apologist reactions are ridiculous and just makes TSCC sound more cult-like. Whatever. Yay for business week being ballsy!

Posted by: Glo ( )
Date: July 13, 2012 05:04PM

The comments by TBMs are a good example how cults make chumps out of people.

Who else would give unquestioning obedience to an outfit that refuses to disclose even its most basic money transactions?

And to top it off, TBMs then turn around and attack the people who point out the abuse,

Posted by: Strykary ( )
Date: July 13, 2012 05:20PM

There are anti-Mormons who are hired to comment negatively about the church on news articles. Who are you and how much does it pay?

;)

"It is always interesting to see the hired, daily anti-Mormons dishonestly maligning..."

http://www.deseretnews.com/user/comments/865558976/Criticism-follows-Businessweek-cover-on-Mormon-Church-finances.html

Posted by: fidget ( )
Date: July 13, 2012 05:50PM

How do I get paid for this? ;P

Posted by: waner ( )
Date: July 13, 2012 07:31PM

Enough of providing free services. I think I should find out who pays for that.

Posted by: Surrender Dorothy ( )
Date: July 13, 2012 05:25PM

If I might simplify the smug Mormon comment...

blahblahblah we are better than you blahblahblah we are waaaay better than you blahblahblah we are humble servants of heaven who are soooo much better than you blahblahblah.

I hope the TBM die-hards keep commenting because their off-the-mark tunnel-vision sounds just like the Scientologist die-hard comments on any article about Scientology's role in the Katie Holmes/Tom Cruise divorce. To the unwashed masses, brainwashed Mormon sheeple sound as loony as brainwashed Scientology sheeple. Baaaaa on, TBM's. Baaaaa on.

Posted by: rander70 ( )
Date: July 13, 2012 06:12PM

"blahblahblah we are better than you blahblahblah we are waaaay better than you blahblahblah we are humble servants of heaven who are soooo much better than you blahblahblah"

Perfect translation

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: July 13, 2012 05:37PM

but when Mormons do the "A" thing, the "CA" thing...
those are all 'matters of perception', aren't they?

Posted by: ozpoof ( )
Date: July 13, 2012 05:37PM

That comment sums up Mormon delusion so concisely it's incredible. It's as though the PR dept wrote it.

Posted by: munchybotaz ( )
Date: July 13, 2012 06:14PM

because it sounds crazy ... but, yeah. There it is.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: July 13, 2012 06:14PM

Perhaps the TBMs can point out which facts presented in the article are untrue.

Waiting...waiting...

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: July 13, 2012 06:22PM

Even President New S. Room hasn't tried to correct anything.

Posted by: Surrender Dorothy ( )
Date: July 13, 2012 06:26PM

They never let facts get in the way of a good story, Summer, especially their favorite storyline, "Poor, poor, persecuted us!"

Posted by: dk ( )
Date: July 13, 2012 06:57PM

If church members want to delude themselves, that's fine. However, I object to them recruiting new members with lies. If the church has nothing to hide, then let them open their books for all to see.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: November 04, 2014 12:46PM

His response would be a classic "appeal to consequences fallacy" -- if he were right about how great and wonderful mormons are. Trouble is, he's not right about that.
So it's just lies.

Sigh.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: November 04, 2014 12:50PM

Tosser.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.