Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: elfling ( )
Date: December 15, 2010 01:26PM

I just want you to know, that just because I no longer believe the lies and misrepresentation, does not mean that I am going to run out and become:

1. Alcoholic
2. Junkie
3. Unwed teenage parent
4. Scientologist

I am just no longer going to allow myself to be forced to submit to a Corporation masquerading as a religious cult that uses emotional manipulation, blackmail and fear of losing one's family to extort money and free janitorial labor from its victims.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: DNA ( )
Date: December 15, 2010 01:40PM

I would have had sex with at least one of the Laurals in the ward. I would have had sex with a few other girls too. I would have masturbated only a little bit more, but wouldn't have felt any guilt over it.

I probably wouldn't have married that awful woman that I married either.

I'd still have robbing banks fantasies, but I'd still be too honest to do it, as it would be stealing.

Posted by: Timothy ( )
Date: December 15, 2010 01:50PM

... I've made it a point to murder at least one innocent person each day. I also run a highly successful convenience store robbing business and a neighbors wives seducing operation.

Don't worry. I've also gone atheist. What that means is I have a "Get Out Of Jail Free" card.

For example:

Magistrate: "Timothy, you are charged with first degree murder. How do you plead?"

Timothy: "Well, your honor, I'm an atheist."

Magistrate: "CASE DISMISSED!"

So in conclusion, Mom and Dad ...

... ARE YOU F**KING KIDDING ME?

Love,

Timothy

Posted by: happycat ( )
Date: December 16, 2010 08:29AM

Although my parents are not Mormon, as I was the only one. I'll address this to the Bishop and my TBMs and the Church in General:

1) I am not hell bound.
2)I'm not slacking and my hands idle playthings of the devil (as for the 8 Years since Mormondom, I have experienced a very interesting adventure. and there is still much much more to go, for example wrestling a land title from a greedy "uncle" (non relative), back from him to give to my people (fellows from the old hood (village).

3) My eternal issue of my decision hasn't hindered my eternal progression. I just keep on growing.

Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: December 16, 2010 08:48AM

I would not have followed your advice about finding a good man who would support me so I wouldn't have to worry about working. I would not have listened when you told me a college education wasn't important for a woman. Though this was not just a mormon dynamic, the emphasis on mormon women staying home to raise the family certainly played into it.

Posted by: maria ( )
Date: December 16, 2010 09:45AM

However, I didn't have quite the truth arsenal I have now.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.