Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: saviorjoe ( )
Date: December 16, 2010 05:23PM

I was just thinking how it's a shame that we, as disaffected, disaffecting and exmormons are helping to fuel the continuing faith of Mormons. I don't really want to offend people, that's the problem. But Mormons are quick to offend me by telling me that I'm possessed by Satan because of my disaffection. They are also quick to tell me what a bad person I've either become or will become. The only true validation I get from my parents and especially dad comes from towing the line. I am truly resentful of that attitude that comes from church members. It's one of the main reasons why I hate going to church. You don't fit in unless you display traits that they approve of. Mormons can be so shallow. As I'm typing this, I feel bad that I can't say anything nicer, but my situation in life right now echoes my feelings and I have reason to complain. Do I want to remain Mormon? No, because I'm afraid I'll turn out like them. I already was really bad after my mission, like judgmental and unfriendly, but I recognized where my negative attitude came from, (the church), and eliminated its influence by forcing myself to disaffect. I think every Mormon owes that to his or herself.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.