Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: sue ( )
Date: July 27, 2012 02:44PM

I've received a phone call from an award winning reporter, who has written for Newsweek for 17 years, plus many other publications. He has become aware of a "story" brewing among a small group of former Mormons. He has been told that there are a few people who were filmed for the "I Am a Mormon" campaign -- and have since left the church and are trying to get their videos taken down. The church has refused to do so, and they did sign an agreement that the church would be the sole owner of their videos.

Does anyone reading this know anyone who falls into this group -- former members who are trying to get the church to take down and give up their videos. I am also going to put him in touch with some who have filmed "I Am An Ex-Mormon" videos, but this first group will be much harder to find.

If you do know someone in this category, please send me the information to pass on to him. If confidentiality is needed, he will give it. The story he is working on is prime right now because of the Romney capaign. Here is a link to his bio (very impressive). http://www.jamiereno.com/ Please share if you know anyone who fits the description above!! You'll be doing a "good thing"! :-) sue97062@aol.com

Sue
Pres., Exmormon Foundation

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: July 27, 2012 02:54PM

The ones produced by the church and the ones self-produced by members and sent to the church.

Posted by: The Oncoming Storm - bc ( )
Date: July 27, 2012 02:56PM

If that's really true it could be awesome. I'd bet an serious of "I'm not a mormon anymore" videos would go viral.

Posted by: xyz ( )
Date: July 27, 2012 02:59PM

+1!

Posted by: toto ( )
Date: July 27, 2012 02:57PM

The reporter should also find actors who were in the temple film that have left as well as in commercials about the church's teachings (all those family commercials from my youth, I'm thinking about).

Posted by: enginerd ( )
Date: July 27, 2012 02:59PM

There is of course the related website...
http://www.iamanexmormon.com/

Posted by: sue ( )
Date: July 30, 2012 11:18PM

Yes, I told him about those videos and I'm working on that also.

Posted by: hereticLamanite ( )
Date: July 27, 2012 03:12PM

is there a place where one can find out who the actors fromthe temple videos are? toto's comment has made me incredibly curious now.

Posted by: * ( )
Date: July 27, 2012 04:16PM

Jon Moe was Adam. He is now a New York photographer.
Derryl Yeager was Satan. He now directs the Odessy Dance Theater in Utah.

Posted by: BG ( )
Date: July 27, 2012 04:54PM

Epiphany moment here. I have met a few of the actors (the church is a very small world isn't it), I would be willing to bet that two on that list were gay, it might be very interesting to hear where they stand now.

Date: July 27, 2012 04:57PM

LOL!!! That link is beyond awesome!

Date: July 27, 2012 04:57PM

LOL!!! That link is beyond awesome!

Posted by: Samantha Baker ( )
Date: July 27, 2012 05:09PM

Jon Moe's wife was Eve. Marilee.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2012 05:11PM by Samantha Baker.

Posted by: dazed11 ( )
Date: July 27, 2012 05:14PM

Wow if this is true then for a church that is all about PR they are really stupid. It makes no sense to refuse to take down a video when the person featured in it requests it. I am surprised those people haven't tracked the media down of their own accord to make a big story out of it.

Posted by: Just sayin' ( )
Date: July 27, 2012 05:25PM

I think Brandon Flowers made a huge career mistake by doing a ....and I'm a mormon ad.

I'm not a big fan of "the killers" & I don't know Brandon's current feelings about the church, but I read Rolling Stone Magazine and they didn't give him much attention on his most recent release.

Posted by: androidandy ( )
Date: July 27, 2012 06:20PM

Interviewing the live endowment actors and film stars who figured out the fraud would be an amazing story for the news to pick up with mittens putting a light of truth on the church.

Posted by: Xyandro ( )
Date: July 27, 2012 06:29PM

Sadly, I doubt anyone but us would care; the momos would ignore it, and the nevermos wouldn't get it.

Posted by: Tristan-Powerslave ( )
Date: July 27, 2012 06:45PM

Years back, before Brandon was married, he was very much very inactive - smoking, etc. I really thought that he would eventually resign. I hoped he would resign! To see him, at least in the public eye, do a 180 is sickening.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.