Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: September 30, 2010 02:19AM

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/home/50378909-76/claims-herriman-fire-guard.html.csp

Has this been posted yet? I looked, but didn't find anything.

It appears that mormons have to be told such things......

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: maria ( )
Date: September 30, 2010 09:41AM

<sarcasm>Dishonest mormons.

There's a surprise.</sarcasm>

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: September 30, 2010 09:55AM

so duh, they do have to be told that. They have to have something to be obedient to. Most ordinary, thinking people would have worked that information out themselves and been able to come to the right conclusion themselves.

Posted by: Mnemonic ( )
Date: September 30, 2010 11:02AM

That members of God's "One true church upon the face of the earth" would have to be reminded not to steal.

Posted by: foggy ( )
Date: September 30, 2010 11:05AM

I love that they specifically say they are 'sullying' the name of the church

Posted by: odin ( )
Date: September 30, 2010 09:54PM

Why aren't people filing with their homeowners insurance first? Insurance rates are going to go up anyway because of this fire regardless of any claims.

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: September 30, 2010 10:20PM

But the letter also tells members: “Remember the next time you sit with a member of your bishopric or stake presidency in an interview for renewal of your temple recommend, you will want to be able to sincerely answer the question, ‘Are you honest in your dealings with your fellow men?’”

Really? How many of the Big 15 could honestly answer that question yes? In fact, can the church itself honestly answer that question yes?

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: September 30, 2010 10:36PM

He said "Well, it's the imperfect people who need church, not the perfect ones." So I said, "yeah, but if those imperfect people were paying attention in church they could have worked out the principle of honesty for themselves and wouldn't have had to be told to be honest. It would have come from the character they developed." We argued these points back and forth for a while and declared a draw. Remember what my bishop's 11 year old daughter said "There are two ways to reason with a Mormon and neither of them work."

Posted by: imaworkinonit ( )
Date: October 01, 2010 02:52AM

I think the letter is offensive.

To honest people.

I sure wouldn't want someone telling me not to commit insurance fraud. As if I needed someone to tell me that.

I also find it interesting that they think if they just write some instructions, and throw in some guilt, that they will solve the problem that there are some dishonest people in the church. OBVIOUSLY, if they are Mormon, they have already received generous helpings of guilt, served up weekly for many years. Apparently it hasn't worked YET, so what's different now?

Well, I hope it helps. Since I'm guessing the taxpayers will eventually foot the bill for the cleanup. I hope I'm not paying for someone elses 4000sf hardwood floor.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Your IP address, domain or ISP has been blocked. Please contact the forum administrators.
Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.