Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Troy ( )
Date: September 30, 2010 04:53AM

Isn't it interesting? For all the work I've done explaining how population dynamics in polygamous societies result in underage marriage, it isn't lost on me that the very first Mormon polygamous marriage in history involved a girl under age 18. It seems Smith didn't even wait for the scarcity of women to bring about the inevitable underage polygamous marriage. He jumped in feet-first. This puts him in company with lots of abusive religious cult leaders. Jim Jones comes to mind. To Smith, polygamy never was about pleasing God. He just wanted to help himself to his congregation when it came to his sexual exploits.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: freedomissweet ( )
Date: September 30, 2010 09:37AM

Yes, I agree with you.
It's just a pity that 'farms'and the like come up with something they know the morg members will swallow hook, line and sinker. When will they wake up to the fact that they belong to a cult.
JS was all about himself.Taking control of everyone around him.

Posted by: quinlansolo ( )
Date: September 30, 2010 09:59AM

I know, I know it is hard to admit here but when the opportunity presented I wonder how many Men would shrug off this move.

Date: September 30, 2010 10:03AM

Not every man wants to sexually abuse teenagers.

Date: September 30, 2010 10:20AM

Posted by: The Motrix ( )
Date: September 30, 2010 10:29AM

Date: September 30, 2010 11:10AM

Romans, Greeks, Spartans Homosexuality was not an exception it was norm, young girls, boys were molested in public, Women threw their handicapped babies in trenches somewhere.

Date: September 30, 2010 11:13AM

If we can't agree that underage polygamous marriage is harmful and abusive, I guess we have little to discuss.

Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: September 30, 2010 01:29PM

You realize, of course, that the fact that society was abusive to the vulnerable for many generations makes it no less abuse -- right?

Posted by: BadGirl ( )
Date: September 30, 2010 01:37PM

But they weren't. They were violations of human rights. Atrocities.

Posted by: Rosyjenn ( )
Date: September 30, 2010 01:36PM

Improper but NOT Abuse?? Are you serious??!!!

It was Abuse plain and simple. Just because their society made it the norm does not mean it was not abusive. And you ask how many men would not enjoy this idea (not quoted word for word) which is disgusting to think about. Any man that would want for an underage bride to exploit and use sexually is no man. Any well rounded emotionally mature and respectful man would not want for that.

Yuck!

Date: September 30, 2010 02:16PM

Man's brain is still wired for spreading his seed as much as he possible can; whatever the means he can get away without being punished, abuse,rape, exploitation of all kinds means are ingrained in man's psyche.
Just give a chance to a big city chaos for few days, no law, police control, let the bad guys have all the killing means, what do you think would happen?

Date: September 30, 2010 04:53PM

I love how sickos like you use evolution as a justification for things like rape.
We are humans. We are capable of using our minds and rising above a pure animal state.

Date: September 30, 2010 04:56PM

of molestation and rape as a little boy, you would understand that it was ABUSE.

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: September 30, 2010 01:39PM

Doesn't this undercut our thesis? Buggering an underage girl is what Smith did because he wanted to, not because there was a shortage of women of age.

I do agree that systemically, the FLDS have created a shortage of marriageable aged women and chose to marry off the girls rather than solve the problem any other way, but that wasn't the case with Smith.

Posted by: Flying Under the Radar ( )
Date: September 30, 2010 02:07PM

You assume that joe's god was jehova or elohim. His gods were himself and little joe. When he was banging Fanny, he was doing what little joe told him to do.

Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: September 30, 2010 07:05PM

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: September 30, 2010 02:22PM

I believe any REAL MAN would not victimize women by marrying more than one EVEN if they are of age--let alone the idea of doing what JS did. This would (if it were true) be the deal breaker for many mormon men I know once they get to the CK.

Posted by: sisterexmo ( )
Date: September 30, 2010 02:57PM

He continued to go shopping for females - and incorporated the fraud of "Celestial Marriage" into the religion, which included making a insider's club with special underwear like Gang Jackets. And god had send a special note to Emma about how she better put up with it.or else.

After that he kept getting special revelations from the almighty demanding he make the religion more and more tied to this piggy practice.

The rest, as they say, is History.

I am not astonished that a selfish and morally weak man would exploit his silly folowers with the "God will kill me if you dont sleep with me" line - but by trying to cover his butt by corrupting others to join him in treating human females like cattle (as confirmed by the evil BY) he helped create a whole lot of misery for women and some of the men.

But it seems to be a very, very common act of Cult leaders to take this road too.

Maybe t'was the Devil that make him do it.

Posted by: justpassinthru ( )
Date: September 30, 2010 05:33PM

before I finally figured out it was all bullshit, and When I was still half believing in the d&c, I figured that god had killed joe off early because he was using god as an excuse to get laid and was leading others astray.

now, I understand that he was just a horny dude trying to get as much punetang and he could.

hungry with power and needed a bite to eat, so to speak.

Posted by: sisterexmo ( )
Date: September 30, 2010 05:39PM

I've heard people like Joe compared to Rockstars, with they hysteria they can cause - especially in teens and others.

He must have had some of this sort of appeal - maybe even had some of his flock toss him their bloomers.....but I expect a real God to choose their mouthpieces from stronger material than we have seen

Posted by: Joe ( )
Date: September 30, 2010 06:55PM

Unfortunately Joseph was caught by Emma diddling Fanny in the barn. Poor Joe.

http://www.josephsmithspolygamy.com/JSPSexuality/FannyAlgerSR.html

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.