Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: September 30, 2010 09:21AM

Or turn them into a messed up type of Christian.

http://www.smbc-comics.com/index.php?db=comics&id=1441#comic

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: maria ( )
Date: September 30, 2010 10:54AM

Thanks for that. I LOVE SMBC.

Posted by: Troy ( )
Date: September 30, 2010 11:10AM

They had the ability to choose between their mother's way, which is the Mormon way, and my way, which is the way of reasoning. It wasn't a difficult choice for them.

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: September 30, 2010 02:07PM

Just don't even mention god(s). All children are born atheist. It just never came up with my son. Now that he's seven, he's perplexed by the Jesus circus at school. The whole matter is completely outrageous to him.

Posted by: sisterexmo ( )
Date: September 30, 2010 02:25PM

When my children were babies I was going through a many-years examination of my problems with the Abraham religions. I had been brought up Christian-lite and was very devoted and religious, but I made the mistake of actually "reading" the Bible and was appalled at the morality and the circus-trick miracles.

We decided to just let our kids grow up without any religion, as we were not comfortable with teaching them things we were doubting.

And you know what? they all turned into smart, decent, ethical human beings whose moral compasses are stronger than many religious people we know.

I think that most children do have such a compass, and are very certain about kindness and fairness. Not all, but most.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.