Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: mrtranquility ( )
Date: September 30, 2010 10:16AM

I was riding from Minneapolis to St. Paul. I asked him if he was Mormon. He said no. I said "Good, because you probably wouldn't be for long after reading that book." He found it a fascinating read. I commented that it was a "truth is stranger than fiction" type of history, and he replied that you couldn't make this stuff up.

I also explained that I was a Formon and that the book was pivotal in my exit. I also compared NMKMH to Bushman's book commenting how he had tendency to gloss over some important things. We both agreed that Brodie is a great writer.

I also noticed that the gentleman in front of him was reading Orwell's "Animal Farm". There was something in the air yesterday on the bus from Minneapolis to St. Paul.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Topper ( )
Date: September 30, 2010 11:28AM

Posted by: knotheadusc ( )
Date: September 30, 2010 11:47AM

"Formon"... that's a new one. I like that!

Posted by: angsty ( )
Date: September 30, 2010 12:41PM

Posted by: Misfit ( )
Date: September 30, 2010 12:49PM

I find it interesting that a nevermo would find the story of JS interesting enough to read a book about him.

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: September 30, 2010 12:58PM

I rode the bus from Maple Grove to downtown Minneapolis for several years, and I had experiences like that all the time. I discovered Jared Diamond's "Guns, Germs and Steel" and Brian Greene's "The Elegant Universe" from other passengers.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.