Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Villager ( )
Date: September 30, 2010 12:24PM

I only caught this in the Brigham City newspaper. Anyone else in Northern Utah read of this incident?

Brigham City seems to keep its secrets.

Fingers crossed this link will work.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:yPPRuTQ98N4J:www.benewsjournal.com/Articles/Article1.html+oakeson+kenneth+lee+sentenced+box+elder&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=safari

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: September 30, 2010 12:29PM

My neighbor, my bishop at one time. He lived a block away from our family. I knew his daughters very well. His wife was my mother's very good friend.

My nephew worked for this company as a construction supervisor and lost his job last fall.

This man's "small" home is up for sale and he and his wife are living in subsidized apartments.

Even the old ward members have kept it under wraps. A very good friend of mine just told me they were building a larger house and that was why their's was up for sale. I don't even think the ward members are aware of all that went on. Maybe now they are.

Posted by: eddie ( )
Date: September 30, 2010 01:38PM

It can be very difficult to bend the truth when dealing with Mormonism and then go out into the real world and try to be honest. Trying to explain away things that do not add up and constantly attempting to make the patently false look plausible trains a person's mind for dishonest activities. There are other factors involved, obviously, but Mormonism sets people up to be dishonest by default.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.