Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: FreeRose ( )
Date: December 27, 2010 05:31PM

are they like:

A) Ignoring the problem?
B) Hiring more PR people to solve the problem?
C) Do not care and sticking to their lame doctrines?
D) Your answer:__________

Those of you still in the cult, what are your thoughts?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/2010 06:17PM by FreeRose.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Freevolved ( )
Date: December 27, 2010 05:35PM

However. I do think that if Monson and Packer died and Perry was in charge and given a few more years...

Him and Nelson would make some slight changes. I'm not saying it would be anything big, but maybe a little more transparency. Ha call me a stupid optimist.

Posted by: AKA Alma ( )
Date: December 27, 2010 05:52PM

They know they are losing members (not just failing to retain converts). The last time I met with my bishop he said he was just there to "plug the dike until the next man was called to take his place".

The elderly are finding out the hardway that the church is fake...
I imagine the scene plays out like this...
god: "what is that?"
recently deceased: "It's the..."
god: "No, really, what the hell is that? You had 80 years and that's all you bothered to learn?"

The younger generations are finding out the easy way. google/bing, wikipedia, various websites and countless personal accounts from people that left from forums like this.

Date: December 27, 2010 05:58PM

Date: December 27, 2010 06:00PM

I noticed you put down wikipedia. It is interesting that a quick search on wikipedia could send a TBM's head spinning easily! If you go to fairlds they have a link that defends the church against wikipedia or something. It's ridiculous.

Posted by: Staring you down ( )
Date: December 27, 2010 05:45PM

Are they really ? All we can do is speculate. I personally don't see them growing anymore, but I also don't see them collapsing.

Posted by: Steve ( )
Date: December 27, 2010 05:58PM

I have researched the topic.

You can too, try a few of these things:

1) Look up the census numbers for countries where they ask what religion you are. In Chile for example the chuch claims over 500,000 members but only a little more than 100K told a census taker they were mormon. Accordingly, oVer 350k have left in Chile.

2) several people have made US estimates based on a) religious surveys in which the data indicates and perhaps 1/3 of the US "official" numbers are actually ex-mormons (not inactive -exmo) and b) insider reports from the COB.

The LDS church is growing very slightly - but at a slower rate than the US or world population as a whole.

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: December 27, 2010 05:55PM

D- Building like crazy so they'll have something to sell when the tithing bottoms out.

E- Appealing to obedience and damnation in order to frighten people from looking and leaving.

I also agree with B- Hiring PR people becomes very important when there is no revelation to show the way.

Posted by: I believed this once, years ago.. ( )
Date: December 27, 2010 06:05PM

Well, if they are spending some of their precious, precious money hiring PR firms to film and air painfully lame "I'm a Mormon" ads, then that is their response.

They are obviously trying to create a "buzz" with the young people about being "cool" and "hip". You bet, Daddy-O.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.