Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: think4u ( )
Date: December 29, 2010 03:15PM

On the night before my B-Day, a good MD friend of mine from when I worked as an RN ( he is an anesthesiologist), and his wife, who have also left the church with all their grown children ( so awesome !) drove about 45 min. to take me out for a wonderful B-Day dinner. Another exmormon couple I love dearly, came equally as far from another direction to join us. We laughed and talked for 3 hours, until the restaurant finally was closing, and it was just so wonderful to spend that time with these people I really care about and whom I know really do care about me. It is so nice to feel understood.

Thanksgiving and Christmas this year were very hard for me as I was completely alone, yes, there were people that invited me to join them, but one feels uncomfortable intruding on family time, at least I do.

Then yesterday, Dec. 28, my 60th B- Day was just so very much fun and unforgettable. Colonel Moroni and I spent the entire day and evening together and he did so many things to make it memorable. He had 2 signs made which he planted in my front yard , one which says "Hottie Grandmuffin Lives Here", the other "60 and Proud of It!" He brought pink and purple balloons, a party hat, roses, gifts and a card with the sweetest words, and I really wish I could post here a picture of all this on line for you to see. In the pictures I wore a pink and black sweatshirt he had made for me a while back that says "FREE SPIRIT".

We went to see a fabulous movie in the afternoon, I am sure any of you would love it , "The Kings Speech" a great movie based on a true story.( I predict it will be movie of the year). Then last night he took me to dinner at our favorite restaurant, the food there is oh soooo good and the company, of course,even better. When we got home, 2 of my kids had left nice messages and 2 called later to wish me a happy day- 4 out of 5 not bad!

We also watched a DVD he made for me of him lipsinking with his electric guitar to the old song "16 ( sounds like 60) candles, and it is hilarious. I love this good man, my Colonel Moroni and am so grateful he is back in my life, this time for good.

Of course, you good folks and all of the great advice you gave me on the 26th, are the complete and only reason why, and I thank you and love you for it, honestly do.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/29/2010 09:16PM by think4u.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: janebond462 ( )
Date: December 29, 2010 03:19PM

Happy Birthday! That sounds like such a fun day - you are so lucky! Congrats to you & the Colonel, too!

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: December 29, 2010 03:20PM

And I'll bet you are thinking the joy of being able to be really you and to have a free and honest relationship is worth the sadness of distancing from loved ones stuck in judging, judging, judging others.

BTW, think4u, I was thinking of you when I read that Prince William and Kate had been living together all this time (like six or eight years)--and that's prim n proper England! If living in sin is good enough for English royalty.....

Happy Birthday from all your friends here on RfM.

Anagrammy

PS. Can't you link us to a picture???????

Date: December 29, 2010 03:25PM

You know I love you anagrammy, please do not miss the last sentence I just added on the end of my post, you are just amazing, and are one of those that really helped me out with the honest and good advice!

I do not know how to link you to a pic but CM will be here within the next half hour and I bet he knows how, so I will definitely get him to try.

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: December 29, 2010 05:33PM

Also, to Nebularry:

If I knew when I was twenty-something what I know now I would have made different mistakes. I might be whining that I wished I'd had more children (like my neighbor said to my face). Of course, she has no idea they blame you later.

But then, hey, they blame you later whether there are a little or a lot, right?

High Five!

Anagrammy

Date: December 29, 2010 06:28PM

Talked to the Colonel about putting up a link to a website for a picture, and he said he could and would be happy to, but as I thought about it more, I decided it is not for the best.

My annonimity is very important to me and I really do not want my kids or their friends snooping around and recognizing me on here, which could be so easily done through a picture. I need to try at least to keep the freedom I have to say what I want here.

Posted by: AnonyMs ( )
Date: December 29, 2010 03:28PM

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: December 29, 2010 03:29PM

How can anyone top that!! :-)
What great FUN. I'm so happy for you.
The older we get the more we appreciate those that care for us and we care for them. That's my experience anyhow.
Enjoy the memories! This one will be a topper!

Posted by: piper ( )
Date: December 29, 2010 03:34PM

I am so glad you had a great birthday! I was just wondering when we would hear from you again. I have been dying for an update on your sweet love story. :)

Date: December 29, 2010 03:51PM

Thought I would take a moment and post here the words he wrote on the card- since they are not too personal but so very sweet, I will keep it forever:

Dear Sweet Thing, ( that is what he always calls me)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

And even though you've reached the big 60, you're as young and as beautiful, and fabulous in so many ways as you ever were.

I LOVE YOU dearly, always will, and look forward to the possibilities the years ahead will bring.

Love, Col. Moroni ( well actually his real first name)

Honestly, who could not love this man? I most certainly do.

Posted by: shannon ( )
Date: December 29, 2010 10:40PM

Posted by: Nebularry ( )
Date: December 29, 2010 03:38PM

And if I'd only known when I was twenty-something what I know now at 60! LOL!

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: December 29, 2010 05:43PM

Cool! So glad you had a great time!

Posted by: Charley ( )
Date: December 29, 2010 08:35PM

Congratulations on you birthday. I'm glad you had a wonderful time. That Colonel sounds like a lucky guy!

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: December 29, 2010 08:41PM

And yes, you are a hottie grandma, and those of us here who know you can vouch for that. I'm glad things are coming together for you and hope the best.

Hey, I want so badly to see The King's Speech, but it'll never come here to Hick City, WA. As I recall, the movie contains no chase scenes, no slapstick 8th grade humor, and people are speaking with non-American accents. That doesn't go over big here. I'll have to wait for the DVD.

But anyway, congrats again. We old people ain't that bad, after all.

Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: December 29, 2010 09:05PM

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: December 29, 2010 09:19PM

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: December 29, 2010 10:08PM

...when, honest to god, people would look at you and think MAYBE 45.

That is exactly what you needed--the birthday to remember. Trust me, your kids will come to enjoy being with you as much as you enjoy being with yourself. Because it's just so much nicer to be around happy people. They will come to know the source of your happiness--trying to be true to yourself. Live in the moment. Let yourself feel the joy and love you are surrounded by.

The signs are just too cool. I'm so glad you said you are back with CM for good.

Date: December 30, 2010 01:09PM

So, Norma Rae, you got the pics I emailed you! I will send you a couple of the colonel and me soon! The signs still stand in my front yard - what a fun day to remember- he is truly amazing and the love of my life. If anyone else should want a pic, just give me your email address. Oh, and I sent the pics to each of my 4 kids that at least speak to me- I want them to see that my happiness does not depend on them, and how very good the Col.treats me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/30/2010 01:13PM by think4u.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: December 29, 2010 10:12PM

You sound a lot better than you did on the 26th. You sounded love sick!

I'm happy for you. Happy birthday!

Date: December 31, 2010 12:22PM

Thanks to all, I WAS love-sick. All is well here in Zion, haha!

Posted by: Holy the Ghost ( )
Date: December 31, 2010 12:33PM

I hope it was great for you.
And Happy New Year to you too!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.