Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ozpoof ( )
Date: December 29, 2010 05:29PM

>>>"A destructive cult tends to have an ethical double standard. Members are urged to be obedient to the cult, to carefully follow cult rules. They are also encouraged to be revealing and open in the group, confessing all to the leaders. On the other hand, outside the group they are encouraged to act unethically, manipulating outsiders or nonmembers, and either deceiving them or simply revealing very little about themselves or the group. In contrast to destructive cults, honorable groups teach members to abide by one set of ethics and act ethically and truthfully to all people in all situations."

Lying for the Lord. Not telling the truth about what they believe in to outsiders, especially those investigating. "Milk before meat" is lying by omission, but Hinckley lied outright by denying that LDS Inc. teaches that men may become Gods.

Missionaries are taught to lie because it is well known that people will not join the LDS cult if all the nasty, dirty laundry is honestly revealed. Bait and switch. It's all a con to get more tithe-payers for the cult who will breed more missionaries to recruit more tithe-payers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/29/2010 05:31PM by ozpoof.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: matt ( )
Date: December 29, 2010 05:32PM

That is tailor-made for TSCC.

Posted by: think4u ( )
Date: December 31, 2010 12:58AM

Great post. I have known that the mo church operates just as a cult does for a while now, but that is not a point I had really heard before, so true, thanks for sharing.

Posted by: Chonerhead ( )
Date: December 31, 2010 01:07AM

What can I say about Gordo. This little creep slithered around the the corporate areas of the church his entire career. He never worked for anyone else. Not a self made man but a sneaky little suck up. I am still convinced that his biological father was Hugh B. Brown (GBH's mum worked for Brown as a secretary for a number of years). Hence the whole "I owe this to your father" conversation he had with David O. McKay upon being called to the 12 takes on a whole new pallor. I could go on about this little turd but really don't care to waste the effort. Evil speaking of the anointed? Um sure whatever.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: December 31, 2010 11:18PM

it was the one of the first things I remember having to put on my shelf. Thanks for pointing out the connection.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.