Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Prophetess ( )
Date: December 30, 2010 02:56AM

Just thought it was cool, but the thread is closed.

quote:

Hey, Rap. I'll let you pretend that I'm a super hot chick, if you'll let me pretend that you're a big, hunky stud...

I was AMAZED to read your feelings vis. personal godhood this evening. I used to feel EXACTLY the same way. It seemed to be the ONLY way to face eternity. I found it to be the most "important" part of j. smiths work... and the one original mormon feature that had all the competition beat. I was so fond of this doctrine, that after leaving the church, it took me another 18 years or so to find science, reason, humanism, atheism, and true liberation. I was in my early 40's before I truly entered the scared realm of those human beings who have been able to accurately answer those 3 questions you posted yesterday morning.

I wouldn't try to take anything away from the beautiful family stories that you cherish. I would interpret them a little differently, however. I would use those deeply emotional experiences with your loved ones to observe how the human unconscious can bring comfort and succor to not only the dying, but also for those around them. Does it REALLY matter if your Grandmother wasn't REALLY talking to her dead sister? Not to her, it doesn't. And for those around your Grandmother, is it more important that that she's REALLY conversing with someone, or that in any case the conversation was comforting for her? I experienced many "spiritual experiences/burning bozoombas" while I was a Mormon. I now understand that these were just unconsciously self-generated emotional responses. They felt absolutely real at the time, but alas, my brain was just programed to FEEL that way.

You have no reason to feel cheated by the reality of nature. First of all, there was perhaps a single week in all of the history of our universe in which you even had the CHANCE for existence. Had even one of your parents paused on the way to your conception to cut a fart, you would never come into existence and instead of you talking to me tonight on exmormon.org, your VERY lame brother or sister would be working at FAIRLDS or something. By the way, you had to out-swim 350,000,000 of your brother and sister sperm that night, but that's not surprising because you're such a hunky, stud of a man... did I mention before that I'm a nymphomaniac?

So not only did you have the astonishingly unlikely fortune to come into existence in the first place, but you liberated yourself from a horrible cult, and became one of the few apes to be able to answer your 3 questions fearlessly with ONLY THE TRUTH AS YOUR GOAL!!!

Come on, Baby. Can you really compare the puny conceit of you, me and joseph smith with the MAJESTY of SCIENCE? The body of human knowledge produced by the scientific method is the true GLORY of human existence. Besides, if there was an infinite/eternal amount of women as hot and nubile and sexy insatiable as me, I wouldn't be special to you at all. And knowing that life is finite makes it sooooo much sweeter. Come on Rap, give me... I mean, give it a try.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: December 30, 2010 03:39AM

Don't let the attack dogs get you too down.

Posted by: Prophetess ( )
Date: December 30, 2010 10:08AM

I can testify to MJ's stamina - he just keeps on going...

Posted by: sonoma ( )
Date: December 30, 2010 12:42PM

Thanks Love, and Happy New Year.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.