Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: s. tissue trotter ( )
Date: December 30, 2010 11:37AM

"I was recently diagnosed with esophageal cancer", Killebrew said.

According to Wiki, he was born in 1936 in Payette, Idaho. He was baptized a member of the [COJCOLDS], and his wife was a lifelong member. Not clear if they mean his 1st or 2nd wife.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: S. Tissue Trotter ( )
Date: December 30, 2010 09:25PM

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: December 30, 2010 11:28PM

I knew he was a lifelong Mormon, and I don't know whether he was divorced once or not, but who cares...

http://www.harmonkillebrew.com

>At the time of his retirement, his 573 home runs were the most by any right-handed batter...

>In 1998, Harmon and his wife Nita founded the Harmon Killebrew Foundation, Ltd. The foundation enables Harmon to raise funds for the benefit of his favorite charities. The foundation recently embarked on a new partnership with the national office of the Miracle League. Harmon and Nita have enlisted the help of other Hall of Famers to work with the Miracle League to offer advice and assistance in fundraising efforts across the country.

Bear in mind this was not only in the "pre-steroid" days, but also before athletes were paid the mega-bucks they are today. During the time Killebrew played, Mickey Mantle was probably the highest paid player at $100,000 a year. What does that translate into in today's dollars? Perhaps several million at the most...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/30/2010 11:28PM by SL Cabbie.

Posted by: Chonerhead ( )
Date: December 30, 2010 11:51PM

I wonder if he ever played pro ball with Paul H. Dunn? <smirk>

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.