Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: bograde@yahoo.com ( )
Date: December 30, 2010 03:23PM

I was in a used bookstore and have always wanted a KING JAMES BIBLE so I got one. When I got home I read in the cover pages: "A Gift From The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.' "Thomas Nelson Publishers," "Nashville", "Copyright 1984". Has the LDS KING JAMES been editted to fit their dogma?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: December 30, 2010 03:28PM

Posted by: David A ( )
Date: December 30, 2010 04:16PM

Not the text, but who wrote the chapter headings? Certainly the footnotes are LDS including the JST entries.

Posted by: ex missionary ( )
Date: December 30, 2010 04:37PM

I don't know if they've changed any of the text itself to the KJV. I kind of doubt it. You just get the lds footnotes, chapter headings, bible dictionary, etc.

This is not the case for the Spanish language Bible. TSCC has always used the Reina-Valera translation (product of the 17th century). It is a fairly well established translation used all over the world. Recently TSCC came out with their own edition of this translation. Like the LDS KJV, they added footnotes, chapter headings that reference the BOM and church doctrine, a bible dictionary, etc. The difference is, for their LDS edition they made some "conservative changes" to the text itself. I don't know if anyone has analyzed the changes to see if the better suit lds doctrine or not, it wouldn't surprise me.

"Al texto se le hicieron algunas actualizaciones muy conservadoras en lo que respecta a gramática y vocabulario antiguos."

http://lds.org/santabiblia/q-a_sp.html#04

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: December 31, 2010 11:20PM

Or is it one of those things that have gone by the wayside because the members are unworthy? Anyone know?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.