Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: melissa3839 ( )
Date: December 30, 2010 09:49PM

Imagine you are at the podium microphone of an LDS church on Sunday right now, and you were told that you had 30 seconds to make absolutely ANY point you want, regardless of the topic, and you would not be ridiculed, and nobody would try to interrupt you.

What would you say?

Me?

"Yes, hello everyone. Um..... I would just like to say that the ONLY reason you people forbid masturbation, and frown on birth control-- is because the church is money hungry, and forbids any sexual acts that don't result in the birth of more tithe payers. But quite frankly, I think some of your up-tight attitudes would really improve if you tried it.... Thank you."

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 12/30/2010 09:56PM by melissa3839.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: December 30, 2010 09:56PM

Hello,
As many of you know, my family and I left the chruch almost three years ago.

I just want you to know that leaving the church has brought us so much more enjoyment out of life than we ever knew while we were here three nights a week, and 4 hours on Sunday. We are happier, have fewer fights, have better times together because we aren't judging each other, and have more family time than ever before. Bro's and Sis's, man is they he might have joy. Isn't it about time you looked outside?

Posted by: melissa3839 ( )
Date: December 30, 2010 10:06PM

Nice!!!

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: December 31, 2010 04:54PM

when he accused me of hurting my family. I told him we were happier than ever, had fewer fights and spent more time together. We were really having fun as a family for a change. And that my DH and I almost never fought any more and we were more in love than when we were both members of the church.

You should have SEEN the look of shock on his face - especially since he and his wife can't seem to stand each other. They are never seen together at church or anywhere else. Even at their kids sporting events, they don't bother to sit together. Many ward members, even my kids have heard them making nasty, sarcastic rips on each other when they think no one is listening. He was completely stunned by what I said. Just picturing it brings a smile to my face. :)

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: December 30, 2010 10:07PM

1. If this church is about Jesus, why do we hear so much more about a 19th century con man and serial adulterer who lied to his wife, married women already married, and 14 year old girls. O ,yes, he also was responsible for a bank scam. Why does he get priority over Jesus even on Christmas and Easter? Whose church is this anyway?

2. Why are so concerned with appearances? Everything is about how you look and what you eat and drink. You remind me of the Pharisees.How does this fit in with 'Judge not that ye be not judged'? Jesus drank wine and I don't remember him saying anything about proper dress and grooming.

3. Why is the church always a generation behind everyone else on social issues? If you speak for God, you should be at the forefront not resisting progress until you are forced to comply.

4. Why is it so freaking noisy here? Other churches aren't like this. Either shut those kids up or find a nursery for them.This is supposed to be a worship service. It is more like a business with noisy kids running around.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2010 01:51AM by bona dea.

Posted by: loveskids ( )
Date: December 31, 2010 01:20AM

I love #4. That is what is so nice about my new church. All the kids have their own rooms and teachers. You can actually sit and listen,and literally hear a pin drop.

Date: December 31, 2010 01:45AM

loveskids Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I love #4. That is what is so nice about my new
> church. All the kids have their own rooms and
> teachers. You can actually sit and listen,and
> literally hear a pin drop.

That is the case in most of the churches I have attended.If the kids stay for the service, their parents keep them quiet and if they get restless, they are t aken out and taken far enough that they aren't disturbing others. What a concept!

Posted by: lindi ( )
Date: December 31, 2010 11:32AM

I was once admonished by a primary president for taking my noisy, little ones out of sacrament. She said they will never be quiet if I don't force them to sit through the meeting quietly. My question is: How exactly do you force a child to be quiet? Duct tape? Physical abuse?
I just couldn't win in the morg.

Posted by: blindmag ( )
Date: December 31, 2010 02:48PM

She expects what my mother probaly did to me. Make the threat of a beating so bad that kids would sit though anything.

Posted by: elee ( )
Date: December 30, 2010 10:08PM

Rather it is the fact that every single, solitary shred of evidence uncovered in this hemisphere to date DOES NOT IN ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM SUPPORT THE TRUTHINESS OF THE BOOK OF MORMON!

NEXT!!

Date: December 30, 2010 10:12PM

I might also take my Greek, Roman and even Egyptian coins and artifacts, show them and the ask why is that we have so many proofs of these civilizations which are older than the BofM civilizations and not one simple copper coin from the Nephites, Lamanittes or Jaredites?

Posted by: Chonerhead ( )
Date: December 31, 2010 01:30AM

Hmmmm. I would tell them about the time when I was on my mission and a member of the quorum of the 12 was there and asked my companion if he would die for the church... my comp said 'no', then he asked me, and with tears in my eyes I said yes. I would then fast forward to intellectual issues and my prayers over them. I would say to the congregation; "Brothers and sisters what would you do is the answer to your questions told you that the church was NOT TRUE and that Joe Smith was a grifter? (not to mention complete shameless horndog etc.) I am sure the mic would be disconnected. Besides it is useless at that point, and you would be classified a nut and discarded.

Posted by: SweetZ ( )
Date: December 31, 2010 07:25AM

Good morning brothers and sisters,

I admonish you all to take a good hard look at your "shelf" examine all the articles you have placed up there... 14 year old polygamous brides for JS, Brigham young wanting to spear his wife if she was unfaithful, BY's death threat against anyone who practices interracial marriage, Kinderhook plates, adam-god, hoffman, Book of Abraham, lack of dna or artifacts regarding the book of mormon, changes in the temple, origins of temple in masonry, Lee, Dunn, Mountain Meadows..... Take all those things and examine them with your open eyes. C'mon, y'all know mormonism is false.. what more evidence do you need?

Posted by: jon1 ( )
Date: December 31, 2010 09:57AM

Baba Booey! Baba Booey!

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: December 31, 2010 11:34AM

"What the hell am I doing in this God forsaken place?"

Posted by: anon ( )
Date: December 31, 2010 11:41AM

"Guess what I learned? I don't have to crawl over or under or around the Book of Mormon to make my exit. It's a work of fiction!"

Posted by: Summer ( )
Date: December 31, 2010 11:41AM

"Some people say that Mormons are not Chrisitans.Today I would like to celebrate what Mormonism has in common with with other Christian denominations. For instance, all Christians believe that they will be reunited with their loved ones in the afterlife. All Christians! Isn't that wonderful? We are one with our Christian bretheren in this belief. The only difference is that other denominations will not require you to attend the temple, pass worthiness interviews, pay tithing, attend three-hour meetings, and so on. Those beliefs are what make the Latter Day Saints special."

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: December 31, 2010 02:54PM

believed it totally, I have changed my mind, and find Mormonism totally unnecessary in my life. I know that as good members, you can all live your 11th Article of Faith (We claim the privilege of worshiping Almighty God according to the dictates of our own conscience, and allow all men the same privilege, let them worship how, where, or what they may.) and respect my decision as I respect yours to be a member.

Posted by: 6 iron ( )
Date: December 31, 2010 04:43PM

My integrity is such that if an organization has been manipulating facts, by either whitewashing them, or hiding them, then I am concerned. When I disconvered this in the church, I had to leave. What is funny is how many mormons refuse to look at facts, as if they are antimormon lies. A fact is a fact is a fact. Either something happened or it didn't. Why does the church hide so many facts? How come they put a positive spin on anything that happened?

You should never be told not to think for yourself. You should never have to accept something that you don't want to. It is ok to stand up for yourself and let someone know they are crossing your boundaries.

One should never feel like a victim in a volunteer organization like a church.

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: December 31, 2010 04:55PM

"How did I get back into this goddamned place?"

*dropping the mike*

*loud feedback*

*footsteps down the aisle with me cursing and muttering the whole way*

Posted by: Zarahemla_Metropolitan_Airport ( )
Date: December 31, 2010 05:09PM

It's been a while since I've stood at this Rameumptom. I've just got one point to make....

-Why do you hypocrites eat meat?

You are either illiterate or disobedient.

It's written in plain fu*king English.

Meat is only to be eaten in times of winter, cold, or famine.

So which is it? Are you illiterate or disobedient?

You people are insane. Now excuse me, I've got a football game to watch, right along with an ice cold beer and some chicken wings...

No time for haterS! See ya!

--

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.