Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Jerry the Aspousetate ( )
Date: December 31, 2010 10:55AM

What thing on RfM this year was the most memorable.
Post, reply, picture, joke, link, smart-ass comment, news item, or . . . ?

I know, I know, some of you weren't here all of 2010. You'll have more to choose from in 2011. I know, I know, you think you'll be "recovered' and gone from RfM by the end of 2011.

lol

Pay Lay Alol

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Stunted ( )
Date: December 31, 2010 11:05AM

-Both spring and fall sessions. One of the side benefits of having this board is the spill-over watchdog effect. We call them on their lies as well as their ridiculous statements.

Hand in hand with GC is the changes in the handbook and the policy on toilet cleaning. Nothing gets past us.

Wait, is it too late to have a second first thought? The laughter I've found here this year has been wonderful.

Stunted

Posted by: think4u ( )
Date: December 31, 2010 11:23AM

My meeting with Tom Perry on Dec. 6th in the So. Town Mall, I know, my own post, but it is the one thing I shall never forget about 2010.

Also , the many good laughs I got here, and the great support when I was hurting so very much.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2010 11:26AM by think4u.

Posted by: AnonyMs ( )
Date: December 31, 2010 11:46AM

So in September I posted a North Orange County, California meet up............and I've met some amazing exmos IRL.

Love our Sunday morning coffee time together.

January 9 Sunday 10:30 at Panera Bread 1331 W. Imperial Hwy
La Habra is our next 3 hour block...... :)

Until September I was a bit "jealous" of the Arizona, SLC, and San Francisco exmo gatherings.

Happy New Year......WCG, George, D and W, Misfit, Rebecca, M, Mathematica and all.........

K

Posted by: Adult of god ( )
Date: December 31, 2010 11:59AM

from the wards and the pittance that is returned to the wards. For example, the morg collects maybe $700,000 annually from an affluent ward ($500,000 from regular wards) and returns about $7,000.

What a drain that is on those families and communities, and...What a racket!!!

Thanks to all the financial clerks!

Posted by: Taddlywog ( )
Date: December 31, 2010 01:29PM

We had a couple of pre mission YM who needed nerve reinforcement and pespective in telling parents and leaders no. Those especially were compelling. But I love reading all the posts when someone first figures it out.

I think it gives me hope some day I will hear this from one of my loved ones. Actually I happily have learned some cousins have figured it out. I love that. I quietly hope for others. I think it was Weldon who quoted Budda about not destroying someones belief. Beliefs don't have to be rational but they are precious to those who hold them. I will share my opinion kind and respectfully to others and continue to make my amature art and posting it on shame_cubed to release how I really feel to the world. It is my missionary work without being arrogant to my loved ones.

Posted by: i ( )
Date: December 31, 2010 01:33PM

The recurring "theme" of instant support for people who have just figured out the truth, are shocked and hurting--letting people know they are not alone and that others have made the journey out and have stayed on the threshold to help others make their way.

That is not only memorable to me, but truly inspiring.

Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: December 31, 2010 02:05PM

that was really just a scheme to move unwanted inventory.

That thread was infuriating to me.

But now it's kind of hilarious.

The church is truly inspired...by mid management looking to clean up accounting "waste."

Posted by: shannon ( )
Date: December 31, 2010 02:45PM

"Let's fire all the custodians and assign families to clean the bathrooms!" Woooo hoooo!!

I'm still shaking my head over such a stoopid directive from COB.

No. way. in. hell. would. I. do. it.

Morons.

;o)

Posted by: possiblypagan ( )
Date: December 31, 2010 03:11PM

I was truly surprised at how different he is in "Real Life" as opposed to his gentle, pleasant (fake) persona when giving a scripted talk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LeM7qCD8lU

Posted by: EssexExMo ( )
Date: December 31, 2010 03:52PM

So many diverse, interesting, jaw dropping things...
First thing that came to mind was 'the multi billion dollar mall'

Posted by: Lurking from the Shadows ( )
Date: December 31, 2010 05:16PM

It was just so fun to imagine being a fly on the wall.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.