Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: shannon ( )
Date: October 01, 2010 11:08AM

The recent "stalker" thread got me all riled up again. heh. ;o)

The missionaries regularly show up at my house because my husband is still technically on the rolls of the church. (He is a Jack Mormon who hasn't been to church in years). The rest of the family resigned in 2006.

There is supposed to be a strict "no contact" policy for us since I threatened legal action in the past. The mishies just ignore it, though. I think each new set of elders feels they'll be the "golden" ones who finally get my husband to repent and return to church (and maybe get the rest of us re-baptized???)

Anyway, the LDS mission home phone number is not listed in the directory. The elders won't give it to me - they just walk away when I start my nonsense (I love to mess with them).

Is there a main listing of MP's somwhere? Perhaps on the LDS website? I want to send an official letter, and follow-up with a phone call, asking the MP to call off his goons. Talking to the Bish does zero good.

So . . .

I need the MP's name, address, and phone number in Jacksonville, Florida. Anyone?

TIA,
;o)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2010 11:23AM by shannon.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Hervey Willets ( )
Date: October 01, 2010 11:34AM

Mission Home Address:
8651 Baypine Rd #105
Jacksonville, FL 32256
United States

Mailing Address:
8651 Baypine Rd #105
Jacksonville, FL 32256
United States

General Phone: (904) 636-0604
President: Russell Allen Newman, 55, Modesto 6th Ward, Modesto California Stake; ward Young Men president; former stake president, bishop and counselor, high councilor and stake executive secretary. Attorney. Born in Spokane, Wash., to Russell Allen and Sammie Magaret Hatcher Newman. Married June Elizabeth Silva, five children.
A counselor in a ward Young Women presidency, Sister Newman is a former ward Young Women president, counselor in stake and ward Young Women presidencies, ward Primary president and counselor, ward Relief Society secretary and stake Young Women secretary. Born in Modesto, Calif., to Theadore Norman and Beatrice Ann Bianco Silva.

Date: October 01, 2010 11:39AM

Posted by: archaicoctober ( )
Date: October 01, 2010 01:56PM

And yes, it is to get the rest of you re baptized. Missionaries keep a "part member" family list that shows one inactive member and a bunch of unbaptized. You guys are golden :)

Date: October 01, 2010 03:51PM

But here's the thing. In my resignation letter I specifically state that I know that we will now become a "part-member family." However I very firmly and clearly state that, regardless, we want absolutely no further contact with the church.

I plan to send a copy of our resignation letter with that portion highlighted, along with the name and contact information of our attorney.

Then I follow up with a phone call to the MP.

Then I start documenting and taking cell phone pics of the mishie visits.

Then I officially get my attorney involved.

Then . . . we see what happens.

How far do you think the Mormons will push it?

Last time they were here, I put my cell phone to my ear and, with a smile on my face, threatened to call 911. You'd think that would scare the bejeezus out of them. Nope. There's ALWAYS a new set of elders who ignore the warnings of the previous mishies and think that *they* will finally be the ones to succeed in saving us.

Sigh.
;o)

Posted by: alx71ut ( )
Date: November 09, 2012 08:57AM

I suggest that you could give the Mission President a W9 form. That way he'll know that when you get your inconvenience settlement payments from his nest egg that you'll be a good taxpayer :) You could even suggest a 50% "sale" price of just 8 thousand dollars per violation. See http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/alerts/alt107.shtm for info on how the FTC can assess fines of 16K to telemarketers. You might not like the mishies coming over the harass you but at least you can get paid ;)

Posted by: WiserWomanNow ( )
Date: October 02, 2010 12:50AM

You are the "apostate" spouse, Shannon, so YOUR feelings don't count, in the eyes of the church. Their beady eyes are focused upon your still-member husband, with hopes of re-snaring him into being an active (especially a tithe-paying) member.

You have said nothing about any effort your husband has or has not made to stop them. How does he feel about the visits? Even if HE can shrug off the uninvited attention, doesn't he care that their attitude is so utterly disrespectful to YOU?

IMO, unless and until your *husband* takes the initiative to keep the missionaries/Church at bay, your efforts (sadly) will be for naught.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.