Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: bender ( )
Date: December 31, 2010 02:01PM

The music video "Provo Utah Girls" from BYU Divine Comedy is no longer public on youtube. It's been changed to private and you now have to be accepted as a friend to be able to watch it. All other BYU Divine Comedy videos are able to be viewed by the public. "Provo Utah Girls" was by far their most popular video. Their vidoes average a few thousand views each. "Provo Utah Girls" had over 500,000 views.

For those who haven't seen the video it's done to the tune of Katy Perry's "California Girls". It mocks female BYU students, by saying they only go to BYU to get an Mrs. degree, that they're 18, clueless and baby-hungry, and that would marry a tree if it had served a mission.

I guess the video was too spot on, because now the public cannot view it. Was it BYU that made them take it down or higher ups in Salt Lake? I hope this opens the eyes of some of the students who made this video of what kind of Orwellian organization they belong to.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2010 02:02PM by bender.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: vhainya ( )
Date: December 31, 2010 02:04PM

It was probably flagged by a bunch of Mo's on Youtube.

Posted by: Otremer ( )
Date: December 31, 2010 03:24PM

"Some things that are true aren't very useful." Boyd

Posted by: Major Bidamon ( )
Date: January 01, 2011 12:28AM

Like 'ole Bednar says... those student's moral agency was expended when they signed on the dotted line in order to go to the Lawd's University. Now, shut yer mouths and color inside the lines!

Posted by: Oremtbmlurker ( )
Date: January 01, 2011 07:44AM

The video has been semi-reposted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vL_OzN8YloQ

I also sent a friend request to Byudivinecomedy. If I get accepted, I will use keepvid to save the video to my computer.

I'm exactly what my name says I am and I loved the video, and memorized the words.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.