Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: WhatMeWorrry ( )
Date: December 31, 2010 04:16PM

My wife and I were discussing some of the stupid things the "church" does. Why would you pick a leader simply based on seniority? It just guarantees you will get an old guy. Typically one that was picked at a young age to be an apostle. So now he will be an out of touch old guy. Monson is a perfect example. He is just plain weird, and getting worse.

I say they should use some other randon, non applicable criterion; like who has the biggest ears!

Oh, wait

Either way it is KKK.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Crathes ( )
Date: December 31, 2010 04:19PM

If someone lives long enough to become the big guy, then it must be the will of dog. How dare you suggest otherwise!!

Posted by: Zarahemla_Metropolitan_Airport ( )
Date: December 31, 2010 04:22PM

as in

see ya'

outa' here

this church can't be true w/ a SocioPath like KKK as its leader

Posted by: mav ( )
Date: January 01, 2011 11:32AM

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: January 01, 2011 12:13PM

Packer is not a sociopath.

It's worse than that--he's a Mormon Apostle.

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: December 31, 2010 05:33PM

Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: December 31, 2010 07:01PM

Then they realized that the oldest guy was the least likely to cause anyone any trouble.

Bingo.

Posted by: jwood ( )
Date: December 31, 2010 07:04PM

I think Heresy has a good point. Chances are Monson will out live Packer. That would be funny having Packer as the prophet

Posted by: CateS ( )
Date: December 31, 2010 07:06PM

I hate to wish someone's demise (I can't use the word early in this case,) but he has really bad health, doesn't he.

I have been fascinated by this Church for a long time. But until recently I didn't know who any of the GA's were (past year or two.)

Of all of them that I'm currently familiar, KKK just rubs me the wrong way. I don't know if it's the constant clearing of his throat or what, but he is just so slimy.

At least Monson is affable and appears like a nice guy--regardless of the absurd doctrines he is compelled to defend.

KKK is just so repulsive.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: December 31, 2010 08:45PM

Posted by: blindmag ( )
Date: December 31, 2010 09:21PM

Well its good for us. The oldest guy is also likely to be the most senine and likely to cause trouble.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: December 31, 2010 10:32PM

Kings are always succeeded by their oldest son or daughter. In the olden days, they were just as out of touch with the people because they knew they were going to succeed, if they just hung in there. And they were just as out of touch with reality, living in a yes-man bubble. Goes to show the GA's see nothing wrong with being treated like royalty.

Posted by: MJ ( )
Date: December 31, 2010 10:38PM

The LDS does not consider the family ties, only how long they have severed.

A future king ranks is known from birth, so, in theory, a future king can be groomed from birth to be a king by a king.

This is not at all like what happens with future prophets of the LDS church.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2010 10:42PM by MJ.

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: January 01, 2011 12:17AM

The advantage of this is that usually they aren't in long enough to really screw things up

Posted by: Suckafoo ( )
Date: January 01, 2011 01:05AM

I think they should pick someone based on whether or not they are an actual prophet. I'm sure that would prove impossible.

Posted by: Dr. B (Buzzard Bait) ( )
Date: January 01, 2011 01:42AM

I will cut to the chase. The Church is a Corporation Sole. The corporation stipulates the Oldest Apostle takes over when the current one dies. It has nothing to do with choices, revelation or correct decisions. It is simply Corporate Law in this case. The Church is a corporation run by corporate law!

Posted by: OlMaN ( )
Date: January 01, 2011 01:47AM

Happy new year. May you and your families have an enormous 2011. For me, my firstborn is a bride this coming June.

Posted by: formermormer ( )
Date: January 01, 2011 12:07PM

Think how absurd it is to have a prophet until they die. An old senile man on his death-bed running a church? Makes no sense.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.