Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: December 31, 2010 10:51PM

about how our ward is running a tithing scam. At the end of November, Bishop Jackwagon sent a letter to all the members with a folksy story about how he learned tithing settlement was important and a list of reasons why each member should sign up to meet with the bishop. Attached was a list of tithing paid to the ward for that year. We still pay on half our income because of TBM DH. Our list had absolutely no payments showing for the first half of the year. I know we paid every month because we pay the same amount each month - except for one month when DH got a bonus, wrote the check and paid it himself and it was an unusual amount. None of those payments showed - not even the month with the bonus. I'm almost positive this was Bishop Jackwagon's way of provoking us into coming to tithing settlement. He is in the financial field and assumed if there was an error, we'd want to show up to correct it. Nope - didn't work.

Not only did we not do that, but I didn't pay December tithing AT ALL. I'll put it on next year's if DH wants me to. But I'm not turning the money in to this ward again. This is the second time something like this has happened. When we first moved in, we went to tithing settlement and I thought we'd paid up but we were $600 short. DH wrote a check on the spot - from our credit card check he had in his wallet to buy something else the next day.

Now granted, I keep lousy records about what checks clear and what don't but I keep a pretty good mental record and would know if I had an extra $600 in my checking account on any given month because a tithing check went missing. The upshot being, I'm paying directly to Salt Lake from now on, if someone would be good enough to repost how one does that. Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: anon for this ( )
Date: January 01, 2011 01:04AM

This link should lead to the info needed:

http://forum.newordermormon.org/viewtopic.php?t=11386

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.