Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: justrob ( )
Date: November 07, 2012 10:14AM

Here is a video on the Book of Abraham.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn1iGvXU0dI

I'm sure this has made the rounds before, but I just saw this last night and thought it had a lot of interesting details I didn't know (nothing earth-shatteringly different to us RfMers, but some good details).

I love the BoA, because it is one of the easiest things to disprove (though I'm sure that's not what old Joe was going for)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Twinker ( )
Date: November 07, 2012 10:41AM

If tscc could survive polygamy, blood atonement, blacks in the priesthood, DNA, there will probably be a way to survive the BOA.

Scrub, morph, etch-a-sketch, magic slate, etc.

Posted by: lostinutah ( )
Date: November 07, 2012 11:02AM

Maybe, but remember that all those issues back in the day didn't have the internet to contend with.

Posted by: caedmon ( )
Date: November 07, 2012 11:22AM

Mormonism will shrink to become even more irrelevant than it already is, but it will never completely go away. There will always be a core of believers (the righteous elect) who will be able to rationalize away all the problems - it they are even aware of them.

The internet has had a huge impact on conversion rates, but as long as TBMs continue to obey their leaders and reproduce at higher than average rates.......

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: November 07, 2012 11:28AM

At first I was upset that the Media took such a hands-off approach to Mitt's mormonism. I wanted to see them get their microscopes out and lay it sliver by sliver under the glass and a final declaration of 'crazy' proclaimed.

Now that that didn't happen, what I do see is no one knowing any more or caring any more about the church than they did before. There are so many churches and sects and it is just one more to most people.

I think between that happening and the church distancing itself from its own history and doctrine that the fade will begin.

I hope the leaders of the church get more desperate because of this because that will definitely work against them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2012 11:29AM by blueorchid.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: November 07, 2012 11:39AM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.