Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: L.A.EX ( )
Date: November 07, 2012 04:51PM

This popped up earlier today on my Facebook feed. This is sad (but hilarious:) on so many levels.

"my daughter (who is under the age of ten) came up to me while I was in bed tapped me on the shoulder and asked if Obama won. I told her yes and she started to cry, I grabbed her and hugged her and told her family is all that matters and that we stick together and spiritually prepare for the second coming, its just around the corner, my mom told us to read helaman chapter 7 verse 4-6 its amazing how close we are!!! Food storage, clothing and shelter forget about all this worldly stuff and smile :)"

"My kids could not believe it either! I told them that its part of Heavenly Fathers plan, we may not understand but his plan is the best and we need to make sure we are doing what is right and staying close to him. Helaman has some great insight to our time and it is amazing! Fear not and be of good cheer, all will be well!"

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: November 07, 2012 04:53PM

I thought my TBM's were Froot Loops - I think you are going to win the prize if we have a crazy TBM/FB contest though.

Posted by: skeptifem ( )
Date: November 07, 2012 04:53PM

lol *sob*

Posted by: lostinutah ( )
Date: November 07, 2012 04:54PM

That's total child abuse. Scaring your own kids like that. Jeez!!

Posted by: xyz ( )
Date: November 07, 2012 04:55PM

I hope you aren't related to them.

Posted by: flyboy21 ( )
Date: November 07, 2012 04:55PM

I would be fine letting the Monsoon keep all the assets if he'd just instruct them that now was the time to drink the Kool-Aid.

Posted by: wittyname ( )
Date: November 07, 2012 04:56PM

Never did it enter the parent's skull that the kid wanted Romney to win so their "otherness" would be more mainstream?

Kind of like a Jewish kid wishing for chanukkah episodes instead of just xmas ones, etc?

Posted by: skeptifem ( )
Date: November 07, 2012 04:56PM

ITS OK DARLING JUST KEEP COUNTING OUR NUMBER TEN CANS

Posted by: ambivalent exmo ( )
Date: November 07, 2012 07:34PM

LMFAO

Posted by: popolvuh ( )
Date: November 07, 2012 04:57PM

Oh my holy heck, even better than I might have imagined, yes so funny and so tragic. Is it wrong to laugh at the deluded?

Please people, post Facebook stuff, it all seemed to get pulled last night and it sounds like it was some crazy entertaining stuff.

Posted by: dk ( )
Date: November 07, 2012 04:59PM

Besides, as that child gets older and the second coming doesn't come, what will he or she think about religion and mormonism?

Posted by: PapaKen ( )
Date: November 07, 2012 05:00PM

the second coming has been just around the corner for centuries now.

Posted by: WinksWinks ( )
Date: November 07, 2012 05:00PM

Yeah, I'm really sorry for the kids. That their parents are putting these fantasy fears on their kids... Grr!
My parents terrorized me with that world is going to end crap too! Over presidents, laws passed, etc. I know how it feels!

Little kids shouldn't be crying over politics. Their parents should be ashamed of causing this distress, but I'm sure that like mine, they delight in their twisted little "shaping the minds of the future".

Posted by: Mormoney ( )
Date: November 07, 2012 05:01PM

Might as well just say:

"Nothing makes sense in this life dear. As long as we have faith, nothing will ever make sense. Never ever. We will live out our lives confused as fuck. That's why it's so special."

Posted by: Bite Me ( )
Date: November 07, 2012 05:55PM

Mormoney Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Might as well just say:
>
> "Nothing makes sense in this life dear. As long
> as we have faith, nothing will ever make sense.
> Never ever. We will live out our lives confused
> as fuck. That's why it's so special."

Love.This!

Posted by: canuck guy ( )
Date: November 07, 2012 06:42PM

"That's the beauty of it."

Posted by: L.A.EX ( )
Date: November 07, 2012 05:02PM

Yep, you can't make this stuff up. Unbelievable :) But don't worry everyone, Mormons are normal just like everyone else! Why can't they put this stuff on those "I'm a Mormon commercials"? It would make them so much more accurate.

Posted by: Jesus Smith ( )
Date: November 07, 2012 05:03PM

I think I am opening a tin-foil hat-stand at City Creek Mall. I should make a fortune.

Posted by: quebec ( )
Date: November 07, 2012 05:48PM

LOL ;)

Posted by: Surrender Dorothy ( )
Date: November 07, 2012 06:01PM

One with a paisley pinwheel, please. :D

Posted by: Lostmypassword ( )
Date: November 07, 2012 07:10PM

Jesus Smith Wrote:
> I think I am opening a tin-foil hat-stand at City
> Creek Mall. I should make a fortune.

That's gonna be Extra Virgin foil, right?

Posted by: Serendiptiyhappens ( )
Date: November 07, 2012 05:28PM

AWESOME.. I'm addicted to these crazy TBM responses! Even as a TBM I'd be laughing at these.

here's one:

When the voice of the people choose evil...... ripe for destruction I believe are the words. Sad, but happy, it moves us along towards the 2nd coming, there's the silver lining

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2012 05:50PM by Serendiptiyhappens.

Posted by: knotheadusc ( )
Date: November 07, 2012 05:46PM

I just read a long thread by a guy I went to high school with. I had no idea he was LDS until he friended me... This is partly what he posted. There was also quite a spat going on about abortion... It boggles the mind.

Who will get my vote??

*I will vote for the most pro-life candidate, because God hates the shedding of innocent blood - Proverbs 6:17.

*I will vote for the most pro-Israel candidate, because God blesses those who bless Israel and curses those who don't -Genesis 12:3

*I will vote for the most pro-debt reduction candidate, because the borrower is servant to the lender
- Proverbs 22:7.

*I will vote for the most pro-work candidate, because God says if a man does not work, let him not eat - 2 Thessalonians 3:10.

*I will vote for the most pro-marriage candidate, because God is for marriage as defined in - Genesis 2:24.

*I will vote for the candidate who most closely believes governments purpose is to reward the good and punish the evil - Romans 13.

*I will vote based as closely as I can on Gods word - 2 Timothy 3:16

Knowing whoever gets elected, God is the One who puts all men in authority - Daniel 2:21

Posted by: rodolfo ( )
Date: November 07, 2012 05:46PM

Oh come on. The Mormon Mall of America just opened. Monson says it was planned to last 100 years. Mormons are using their treasure to build malls not convincing the last of their lost brothers and sisters to repent before the "imminent" second coming. Tell them to relax, it's not happening anytime soon.

Posted by: cecil0812 ( )
Date: November 07, 2012 05:58PM

That sounds like child abuse to me. I'm sorry but a little kid shouldn't care who wins the election and shouldn't be scared for the end of the world.

Nice job indoctrinating your child, Mormons.

Posted by: merckx ( )
Date: November 07, 2012 06:35PM

TBMs on Facebook have gone batshit crazy. References to emergency prepardness, armageddon, the anti-christ, and the second coming are exploding. There are many posts that left me shaking my head, like these gems:

"[TBM husband] and I have been talking this last week while reading scriptures about how much this election reminds us of the Lamanites and Nephites. There was always hope in the scriptures. Don't lose hope. I truly believe that if God needed Romney to win as part of His plan, it would happen. I wonder how the Emergency Preparedness turnout will be on Saturday??"

"Obama supports everything Christ taught against... lying, stealing, murder of ambassadors AND babies,control, power...you know, his norm!"

"This country is full of idiots and uneducated morons. Anyone with even a simple grasp of history will see that tonite this country re-elected someone who has disdain for our country and who strives to lower us to the standards of the rest of the world. No offense to the 'rest of the world,' but you are pathetic. We are AMERICANS, and we refuse to lower our standards because a segment of society refuses to contribute to society. Read a history book, liberals."

Posted by: SpicyspiritNLI ( )
Date: November 07, 2012 06:52PM

"This country is full of idiots and uneducated morons. Anyone with even a simple grasp of history will see that tonite this country re-elected someone who has disdain for our country and who strives to lower us to the standards of the rest of the world. No offense to the 'rest of the world,' but you are pathetic. We are AMERICANS, and we refuse to lower our standards because a segment of society refuses to contribute to society. Read a history book, liberals."

HOLY SHIT that is so scary.

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: November 07, 2012 07:21PM

I azgree that the country is full of idiots. LOL. They are not the ones he is thinking of though

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: November 07, 2012 07:23PM

merckx Wrote:
> No offense to the 'rest of the
> world,' but you are pathetic. We are AMERICANS,
> and we refuse to lower our standards because a
> segment of society refuses to contribute to
> society. Read a history book, liberals."

Well! Excuse me!!!? (To whatever TBM wrote that).

Posted by: motherwhoknows ( )
Date: November 07, 2012 06:41PM

I'm proud of how closed-mouthed I have been around my TBM son-in-law--but sometimes, I can't resist. He is a huge Romney fan, and has been telling my granddaughter all about it. When my granddaughter asked who won the election, I said, "The man who was President of the United States before, won, again." She seemed happy about that, and my SIL just scowled.

Okay...the way I see it, is that when losers tell the winners that they are all going to BURN in the Second Coming...that is beyond being sore losers!

When Mormons say they are praying for Obama and all the leaders, they are saying that Mormon prayers are all they have going for them. People are admonished to have group prayer, after everything else has failed.

There is nothing concessional, kindly, or well-meaning behind these responses. That little Mormon girl is being taught to fear and hate "others," and to stick close to the Mormons and prepare for the second coming, when only they, the chosen elite will be saved. I can't think of anything nastier.

Posted by: Ex-CultMember ( )
Date: November 07, 2012 06:52PM

What's the point of the church spending $4 billion on "revitalizing" downtown and building a mall when its all going to poop tomorrow? Seems the Profit should have spent that money on food storage and shelters for the LDS faithful instead.

Posted by: nwguy ( )
Date: November 07, 2012 06:56PM

I wonder when the rumors about the end of times and preparing to walk/move to Jackson County, Missouri will start?

https://www.lds.org/ensign/1979/04/missouri-myths?lang=eng

Posted by: sistersalamander ( )
Date: November 07, 2012 07:08PM

Those rumors would have already started, except that TSCC no longer admits that they taught such a doctrine.

Posted by: ThinkingOutLoud ( )
Date: November 07, 2012 07:01PM

Everyone keeps talking about how gracious Romney's concession speech was, but I am not sure that's what that was, at all.

He wrote a 1000+ word acceptance speech which he began working on days before, but apparently had no concession speech in the works at all?

I also do not like people who are so unChristian, that they say they will pray for me or my choice, not kindly or sweetly or with good intent, but desperately and snarkily and almost as a threat, as if I am the dregs and so is my guy and boy, are we both gonna need it. Because obviously, we have nothing else at all to cling to, but satan.

Posted by: MJ ( )
Date: November 07, 2012 07:15PM

Lack of style and class to make America wait while they wrote probably the worst concession speech ever.

Posted by: sistersalamander ( )
Date: November 07, 2012 07:05PM

[TBM] posted this:

"If the American people are stupid and evil enough to re-elect the devil I guess they will get what they deserve. This might be a good time for Christ to begin the cleansing of His earth."

Another gem:
"But in the end live rightously and we will be blessed. hold you heads high for we have the truth and we have the great opportunity to share it with the world thanks to Romney's presence it the Media."

Another Romneyite referred to the victor as "Obeyme."

Where do they come up with this stuff?

Posted by: gentlestrength ( )
Date: November 07, 2012 07:06PM

Did she pray and feel the Spirit? That's so special.

Posted by: shadowspade ( )
Date: November 07, 2012 07:07PM

The level of craziness is off the charts. I thought it would be bad but it has been very surprising to me. I can't understand how they think this way.

Posted by: popolvuh ( )
Date: November 07, 2012 07:16PM

Oh. My. Lard. ROTFLMFAO!!

Posted by: ginger ( )
Date: November 07, 2012 07:20PM

I heard it's a long drawn out process to get permission to live in Canada. So good luck to them!

Posted by: MJ ( )
Date: November 07, 2012 07:24PM

If they are moving to get away from gay marriage, moving to Canada would not be the place to go. Canada has gay marriage nationally.

Posted by: ghost buster ( )
Date: November 07, 2012 07:34PM

Yes that's a good idea. It doesn't matter what province you live in here same sex partners can get married anywhere

Posted by: ginger ( )
Date: November 07, 2012 07:15PM

I've had a couple of TBM friends post about getting their food storage ready. They are out of their f*cking minds.

Posted by: caedmon ( )
Date: November 07, 2012 07:27PM

She says are preparing for the 2nd coming. Funny thing, her church prophets are making long term investments in shopping malls, Hawaiian housing developments, etc. What do they know, that she doesn't?

Posted by: insj ( )
Date: November 07, 2012 07:38PM

My BIL sent an email to the whole family stating that the end is nigh, everyone needs to go to the temple, build up their food storage and pray, pay and obey. I had no idea having a black man in office was a sign of the end of days. I think these people have read too much Bruce McConkie and Brigham Young.

Posted by: Don Bagley ( )
Date: November 07, 2012 07:53PM

Even though Nixon presided over the worst fuel and gasoline supply emergency ever seen in the US. Even though Nixon paid burglars to steal documents from his political opponents. Nixon tried to institute wage and price controls by the federal gov't. And he kept a "hate list" of citizens who disagreed with his policies.

Nixon's administration unraveled faster than he could cut and splice around the embarrassing parts of his audio tapes. Still, he had to be better than some liberal alternative, said my father.
Bollocks, says I.

Posted by: spaghetti oh ( )
Date: November 07, 2012 07:58PM

Hilarious!

I need some TBM facebook friends!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.