Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Nick Humphrey ( )
Date: October 02, 2010 09:24AM

my tbm friend wrote to me yesterday:
"find peace bro"

here's my response:
"
i feel a lot more peace out of the church actually: no rules, no guilt, no false hope, greater appreciation for this life, more money, more free time, more fun, more open, less stress, less responsibility, less judgmental of others. its a g...reat way to live =)
TBM-FRIEND, you cant "know" the church is true when it is a faith-based religion. you *believe/think* it is true.

i could start my own religion and use the word of wisdom, plus ban sugar and fried foods and i guarantee you that my members would live even longer than lds members, but i would be depriving my members joys of life to an even greater degree than the lds church does its own members. who ever said that the goal of life was deprivation and long life? the point of life is to *enjoy* life. if you could choose between a life of 78 years with blowjobs everyday and a life of 79 years without ever having a blowjob, which would you choose?
"

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.