Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Janice ( )
Date: October 02, 2010 10:33AM

There's 3 things I think are likely.

1. They're going to talk about that ex-mormon who murdered that Bishop a while ago.

2. They're going to beg all the members to create a profile on the new church website (mormon.org I think).

3. I reckon Russell M. Nelson will give a talk about "Being an example of the believer" or something of that vein. He'll probably mention the number of missionaries in the world (52,000, I think), and the number of missions (I think about 340), and I think he'll urge more members to serve missions. He'll quote a prophet in his talk, stall time by reading half of D&C Section 4, talk about the gathering of Israel. He'll talk about member missionary work, and talk about how people feel "guilty" when they don't do anything. He might also make reference to a "garden". He'll tell the mormons to invite more non-members to church and church activities, and tell them to be really nice and generous to the non-members that turn up. He'll urge mormons to invite their friends to read the BoM. He'll also probably tell a story about an experience he and his wife had in the past, where they asked a friend to read the BoM. Their friends accepted, but didn't really read it. Russell asked them the next time they met if they read it, they'll say "Yes", but Russell will accuse them of lieing to him. Of course, Russell will be right, and they will promise to actually read it. Next thing we know, they're baptized.

So those are my predictions. #2 is almost guaranteed to happen. I got a bit carried away with #3, obviously. :D

Anyway, what are your predictions?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: scarecrowfromoz ( )
Date: October 02, 2010 10:38AM

Posted by: scarecrowfromoz ( )
Date: October 02, 2010 10:39AM

Posted by: tombs1 ( )
Date: October 02, 2010 01:05PM

Monson will talk in his sam droning voice that puts people to sleep

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: October 02, 2010 03:47PM

That there will be awful traffic jams unto the areas around Temple Square, yeah, even unto the surrounding hills, and there will me much honking of horns, wailing, gnashing of teeth, and even language that is an offense to the Lord...

And woe unto those who succumb to the temptation to give the sign and token known unto the Gentiles, that of the raised middle finger... Their wives shall doubtless withhold the promised heavenly reward and direct them instead to the couch...

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: October 02, 2010 03:49PM

They will talk about the same stuff in the same boring monotone voices and I will not be watching.

Posted by: cam ( )
Date: October 02, 2010 10:22PM

The priesthood session will include warnings and precautions about the 3 Ms
-mission
-marriage
-masturbation (couched in vague phraseology of course.)

Posted by: Janice ( )
Date: October 03, 2010 05:39PM

Just wanted to top this.

Did anybody watch Russell M. Nelson's talk? Did anybody notice that I "predicted" it very well?

Posted by: Me2 ( )
Date: October 04, 2010 10:44PM

I noticed. How did you know? Witchcraft?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.