Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: intjsegry ( )
Date: December 15, 2012 10:35PM

I loved this one... I love how the parents are at least TRYING to understand.... well, at least some of them.

So sad about the mother whose daughter killed herself.

Have you seen Religulous by Bill Mahar?

Awesome. Netflix it. (Or probably YouTube)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: December 16, 2012 12:13AM

I usually don't like Bill Mahar, but I loved that movie. My favorite part was when they interviewed the crazy truck stop preacher.

Posted by: hoo ( )
Date: December 16, 2012 05:50AM

That's funny. I usually like Bill Mahar, but I didn't like Religulous and I especially hated the part with the truck stop preacher. He's just using poor, uneducated truck drivers to make fun of religion. Those men are no different whether they are religious or not, so he's really just making fun of them as uneducated truck drivers. It didn't seem like those men had much going for them in their lifes and he was just making fun of them. I hated it. I thought the whole film could have been A LOT better.

Posted by: BadSheep ( )
Date: December 16, 2012 12:00AM

I recently watched that on Netflix. I loved it. It was tragic about the woman whose daughter commited suicide. Too bad she realized too late that she was wrong.

Posted by: suzanne ( )
Date: December 16, 2012 12:03AM

It is on netflix for instant watching too. My husband and i both thought it was really Well done

Posted by: mistydiamond ( )
Date: December 16, 2012 05:59AM

I saw that on Netflix and loved it also. It reminded me so much of my family and the process we had to go through when my brother came out. I wish all Americans would watch that show. It's easy to have a negative opinion of gays and to say they are sinners until it is someone you care about and love.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.