Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: deconverted2010 ( )
Date: December 18, 2012 12:54PM

There are new missionaries in "my" ward. They came to my house, introduce theselves and made small talk. I asked a lot of questions about them, you know, trying to "build a relationshp of trust" then I asked them 'so, what have you heard about me in ward council'. One of them immediately got defensive and said they had heard nothing, they just came to invite to an activity. I said "really, I'm not being dicussed anymore, I guess I've gone down the list". The more quiet companion laughed but the senior companion said they don't discuss people and asked "what have you done", I said "nothing bad". Just then they got a phone call and one of the said 'yes, we're coming right away' and said good-bye. I never heard the phone ring, I think I scared them.

An acquantance at church was making small talk trying to find out whay I don't attend anymore. I asked him 'what are the rumours?" He said that there are no rumours at church, why should there be, have I done something bad. I just smiled and said "I'm sure people wonder why and talk" to which he replied people are just concerned about my spiritual being.

*Sigh* Ah, they forget or don't realize that I was very active for over 20 years. I KNOW how it works. It's just funny how a simple question can get them so defensive, especially when they are the ones approaching me and asking me questions. oh well...

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.