Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ozpoof ( )
Date: December 20, 2012 04:22PM

If there is a God, Mormons believe he doesn't want anyone to benefit from these chemicals and feelings of well being until after they are married, if they get married, and for gay men.....never.

From http://au.askmen.com/dating/love_tip_250/271_love_tip.html

Prolactin
What it does: Prolactin relieves sexual arousal after orgasm and takes your mind off sex. It rises sharply immediately after orgasm in almost everyone. It's one of the few moments of the day when we men aren't preoccupied with sex.

How it makes you feel: Prolactin disengages you from sex after an orgasm, allowing you to think of other things besides the naked woman right in front of you. If after sex your mind is flooded with activities and chores you need to accomplish that day, that is prolactin at work. Just imagine how much more progress we could all make in our lives if they pumped this stuff into the water supply.

Oxytocin
What it does: Secreted by the pituitary gland, oxytocin stimulates the prostate, causes muscle contractions and sensitizes nerves. Research has shown that increased oxytocin produces more intense orgasms.

How it makes you feel: Oxytocin is known as the "cuddling hormone" because it causes you to feel a connection and bond with your lover. It's also found in women's breast milk, helping to create a bond between baby and mother.

If you enjoy cuddling with your girl after sex, chances are you know the effects of oxytocin well.

Endorphins
What they do: Endorphins are a group of neurotransmitters formed within the body that bind to opiate receptor sites in your brain to naturally relieve pain. The bio-chemicals acetylcholine and dopamine are known as endorphins, and have a similar chemical structure to morphine. They are also known to lower stress and boost confidence.

How they make you feel: Endorphins produce feelings of euphoria and pleasure, and they have a calming effect. They fill you with a sense of well-being and relaxation. They may also make you feel dizzy and drowsy, and you might even drift off to sleep. Doctors have suggested that over-stimulation of the opiate receptors, as with heroin use, causes a depressed sex drive.

So next time your woman hassles you over passing out post-sex, you know it's the endorphins at work. In fact, you can even argue that the faster you fall asleep, the better the sex was.

Of note, endorphins are released by your brain during sex, sporting activities, skydiving, fights, grievous injuries, and almost any other exhilarating activity you partake in.

Get your adrenaline, among other things, pumping...

Adrenaline (Also Known As Epinephrine)
What it does: Adrenaline activates the sympathetic nervous system, which increases your heart rate and dilates arteries to increase blood flow to your muscles during sex. It also causes a refractory period in which another orgasm is impossible for up to 20 minutes after sex. During intercourse, increased amounts of adrenaline are released from the adrenal glands. This chemical amplifies the circulatory system with each heart contraction.

How it makes you feel: Adrenaline makes you feel exhilarated and makes your heart feel like it's pounding out of your chest.

Phenylethylamine
What it does: Phenylethylamine triggers the release of dopamine in the pleasure centers of the brain. This chemical is released during sex and peaks at orgasm. Curiously, it is also one of the chemicals found in chocolate.

How it makes you feel: You are overwhelmed with feelings of bliss, attraction and excitement.

Testosterone
What it does: Testosterone fuels sexual drive and aggression. It is essential to your libido and sexual arousal. Men (and women) with a testosterone deficiency often have trouble getting aroused and have a lower interest in sex.

How it makes you feel: In short, you feel turned on and sexually virile. And if you've noticed a rush of confidence after sex, that could be increased testosterone at work.

Serotonin
What it does: Serotonin regulates your moods. Having an orgasm releases an extra shot of serotonin to your brain, which acts as an anti-depressant.

How it makes you feel: You feel cheerful, hopeful, emotionally balanced, and content. Most clinical anti-depression medications pump up serotonin levels in your brain.
It's The Natural High
Some people go to great lengths to get drugs, but why bother when these active chemicals are just waiting to be released in your body? Having an orgasm is like getting high. By releasing a myriad of substances into your bloodstream, you are altering your brain and body functions.

Orgasms involve a complex interaction between three systems of the body: the vascular system, the nervous system, and the endocrine system. They are so complicated that it's a miracle that they happen at all. So enjoy them and remember to have as many as possible {unless you're a single Mormon man or gay}

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: annon4this ( )
Date: December 20, 2012 04:58PM

This is a great post and a great list of things we all should know!!!

I would like to emphasize that these facts are true for BOTH genders, and in addition...

Sex (including masturbation which leads to orgasm) is ESPECIALLY important for females because it literally exercises the internal muscles, keeping them strengthened and in tone, and is important in preventing major disorders like prolapse of the vagina (where the vagina literally "drops" and "comes out" through the labia, like happened to my grandma).

Sex (including masturbation), and particularly when it results in orgasm, is IMPORANT to EVERYONE's health!!!

And pretty much "everyone" should (ideally, and if possible) be having at least one orgasm a day for optimum physical, psychological, and emotional health.

Posted by: ozpoof ( )
Date: December 20, 2012 11:50PM

So did God make a mistake when he made us receive reward chemicals for both having sex and pulling one off?

Is it one of his sick jokes like planting dinosaur fossils to screw with our minds?

Posted by: sonoma ( )
Date: December 21, 2012 12:54AM

wouldn't this make gawd a drug dealer to masturbators?

Posted by: larry john ( )
Date: December 22, 2012 03:24AM

We are god godding, all of us collectively detached from ego is god.. If it harms no one to get off sexually, that would lead us to selfless acts of love, (especially if sex relieves depression) then go for it. If it doesnt, then you will beg steal and hurt to get what you want that is ego let alone abuse thyself with drugs.. Try no drugs, no caffine and in my case feel more gay if do so, so rather the drugs but thinking hey in all purity, remember gay is dirty to relegion, but a pure heart gay is better than an egotistical hetrosexual monster prick who loves no one but his ego and selfishness...

Sex is wonderful better than money but money can buy sex not love....IF we get a woman pregnent we must pay the price and pay the way, I did and dont regret it best thing that happened.

Larry..

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: December 22, 2012 03:30AM

Gee, Christians in general and the Mormons in particular rely on good feelings that you can barely feel, in order to sell their religion. In fact, these good feelings are so week, you usually only feel them when you expect or want to feel something. However, any activity that actually causes noticeable emotional changes, are normally considered to be sin. Wonder why? Is it because if you feel those genuine good feelings without the anchor of guilt to weigh you done, you might realize there is nothing special about Casper the Holy Ghost?

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: December 22, 2012 01:29PM

The Mormon church believes in blue balls and prostate cancer.

Posted by: annon4this ( )
Date: December 22, 2012 01:47PM

Rubicon Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The Mormon church believes in blue balls and
> prostate cancer.

And gynecological/psychological/emotional disorders for women.

Posted by: PapaKen ( )
Date: December 22, 2012 02:35PM

Thanks for posting this.

When I left the LD$ church, I realized that the feelings of a testimony were false, and the feelings of guilt for being and acting on being a sexual person were unfounded.

Thanks to the list you posted, now I know what's causing the feelings of euphoria, during & afterwards.

So it follows that to keep healthy, we should make sure we get a healthy dose of "euphoria" every day. It's part of a healthy diet.

:)

Posted by: rationalguy ( )
Date: December 22, 2012 03:13PM

Personally, I never bought for a second that solo sex was bad. I have always engaged in it whenever a willing partner wasn't convenient and I had the urge, and consider it healthy.

So I am 62 now and have no health problems whatever, no prostate complaints, no other "old-people issues" either. I can't attribute that to what we are discussing, but I have a feeling that it doesn't hurt.

I also took the coffee prohibition in the WoW as BS. I drink coffee, which apparently hasn't harmed me either.

Posted by: PapaKen ( )
Date: December 22, 2012 04:47PM

A rational approach for a rationalguy.

Hey, we're the same age & sex & I'm healthy, too. Twins, separated at birth?

Except maybe your choice of a "willing partner" might be female.

Posted by: rationalguy ( )
Date: December 22, 2012 05:38PM

Yes, DW is my choice, but women have a lot of "down-time." Maybe that's yet another advantage of being gay besides the oft-quoted better sense of style.

Interesting that you mentioned twins... I have identical twin boys. (Actually they're sort of mirror-images. One left-handed, one right. Hair parts on opposite sides. And incidentally one's straight, the other gay.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/22/2012 05:40PM by rationalguy.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: June 27, 2015 11:01AM

Idle curiosity prods me to ask, which twin is gay, the righty or the lefty?

In a tidy world, organized to allow us to find patterns, the gay twin would be the lefty, but even if that turns out to be the case, it really wouldn't mean anything, despite our desperate efforts to 'make sense' of things...

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: December 23, 2012 03:25AM

All those chemicals must produce hairy palms.

Date: June 27, 2015 11:03AM

and they mess with your vision! I'm getting cataracts!!!! I'm too young for cataracts, so it's got to be the masturbation and the unmarried sex! It's not good to mock ghawd...

Posted by: Truth Seeker ( )
Date: June 27, 2015 07:48AM

These anti-religious comments truly show how easily the powers that be have manipulated modern society into polar opposites. Biblical Faith for thousands of years promoted Marriage at a young age and large families because we weren't designed to wait 20 to 30 years for sex. Quite the opposite, actually.

You people making such derogatory comments have no clue what the Bible actually says, but, in your defense, neither do most Christians, Jews, or Mormons in modern times.

Oh and by the way, I'm none of the above. I read the Bible in the languages it was written in before it got jacked with and I don't need an ignorant tool Priest, Pastor or Rabbi to distort what it says. The Bible speaks of Sex frequently and even has an entire book devoted to it - there's a reason for that.

Wake up, idiots.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: June 27, 2015 10:12AM

Truth Seeker Wrote:
> Oh and by the way, I'm none of the above. I read
> the Bible in the languages it was written in
> before it got jacked with and I don't need an
> ignorant tool Priest, Pastor or Rabbi to distort
> what it says.

God sure makes the truth hard to find and requiring learning languages to do it. This is kinda like Joseph Smith learning Hebrew to tap into the truth.

God is kinda a dick.

Date: June 27, 2015 11:34AM

Truth Seeker Wrote:
>
> I read
> the Bible in the languages it was written in
> before it got jacked with and I don't need an
> ignorant tool Priest, Pastor or Rabbi to distort
> what it says.
>
>

I don't think it's much of a stretch to wonder about the reliability of the authors of the original biblical texts. And it doesn't take much imagination, once someone points it out, that it is likely that as each and every 'book' was written, there were likely to have been texts written by 'competitors' in which the original ideas were lampooned and derided. For all we know, the surviving texts that you read in their original language are the survivors, beating out the competition.

It is so easy today to find any 'great' idea derided by fault-finders. At one point, Mein Kampf was heralded by a certain segment of the population as damn near divine... Now, not so much. It just makes sense that there were contemporaries of Isaiah who thought he was bat-doo doo crazy, but his tribe won the important battles, so... If Hitler had waited a couple of years before invading Russia, while I might have been born, I likely wouldn't have survived, and Mein Kampf would have been required reading in school, if I'd been allowed to go to school.

Reading biblical texts in their original languages is a superb accomplishment, but YOUR accomplishment doesn't guarantee that what you can read has any more attachment to truth than Mein Kampf.

Or so I can prattle...

Date: June 27, 2015 10:14AM

ozpoof Wrote:
> as many as possible {unless you're a single Mormon
> man or gay}

Why shouldn't gay people have them?

Posted by: One Who Posted ( )
Date: June 27, 2015 10:17AM

I have a testimony of orgasms. I know that they are true.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: June 27, 2015 10:35AM

I think religion fears or is at least jealous of the orgasm because it's better and more reliable than any spiritual swoon and it doesn't require any ecclesiastical gatekeepers.

If there's a God, then I think he gave us the ability to self-pleasure as a nice little gift.

Date: June 28, 2015 02:54PM

or evolution gave us a means to keep providing for our young using other orgasm delivery methods to provide us with the needed chemicals to work in cohesive groupings.

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: June 27, 2015 11:05AM

I had a friend in her 70's that was single.

She told me that every woman should be having sex a minimum of a couple times a week, with or without a man.

She said that her Dr. told her that the reason this is important is because if you don't use it, you lose it.

Women need to keep the internal muscles strong and it also keeps the fluids up and running. It will literally keep you younger.

Mormon church be damned! It's critical to female health, especially as you get older. Those old men know NOTHING about women, be it physical, mental, or emotional. Any woman who takes their advice will end up a dried up old prune with a lot of medical problems.

Date: June 27, 2015 11:51AM

I like to imagine all the good to a world in need that the chemicals I release FROM my body could do.

I can't be the only male who at some point in his tortured teenage life imagined living in a world where I was the only non-sterile male extant, and the extraordinary efforts that this condition required. And I always rose to the task...

Posted by: evergreennotloggedin ( )
Date: June 28, 2015 10:34PM

Great post. If TSCC can control members' sex, they control the member.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: June 28, 2015 11:39PM

Ah loves me them chemicals!!

RB

Posted by: cricket ( )
Date: July 12, 2015 04:14PM

Posted by: evergreennotloggedin ( )
Date: August 16, 2015 12:47PM

Great post. This is a keeper.

Posted by: lue ( )
Date: August 16, 2015 01:00PM

and for those women who are in or past menopause and who's libido is not as it used to be there is Vagifem . A vaginal specific estrogen that keeps those juices flowing and ups the libido.

Keep it going for as long as you can:)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.