Date: October 02, 2010 07:52PM
Often, the one throwing stones, accuses others of throwing the stones to mask their own abuse. The only attacks on the family I have seen have originated with the leadership of TSCC. There are many ways that TSCC attacks the family:
1. Not allowing non-temple recommend holding family members to attend temple weddings.
2. Sending out missionaries for two years with virtually no contact with their families.
3. Requiring many hours of church service every week that takes members away from their families.
4. The friction in part-member families that often leads to divorce.
5. Supporting Proposition 8 in an attempt to keep those who care for each other from marrying.
6. Claiming that the only marriages that last beyond death are those marriages performed in the temple for those who are willing to pay the price to TSCC.
What the Proclamation on the Family should have said was, "We are waging a war on any families that do not work to increase our numbers and fill our coffers. Pay up or we will destroy your family."
Extortion is alive and well within Mormonism.