Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: CateS ( )
Date: October 02, 2010 08:07PM

Anybody know? I know it's for priesthood holders only but they end up putting it on the website in less than a week, anyway.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: mollymormonfaker ( )
Date: October 02, 2010 08:18PM

I've always wondered that too. Is it the super-speshul-secret talks about masturbation that no one is supposed to hear? And why is it men can sit in on Women's Conference but it's frowned-upon for women to join the men in the PH session?

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: October 03, 2010 12:10AM

Why, of course, it's because men have the super-duper priesthood which means they can go to the RS conference, because they are the ones who are running things (because God likes them best). Women are inferior beings which is why they can't attend the priesthood session, and why the men have to run RS. Thank Eve.

This is not a serious response by the way.

Posted by: Southern Man ( )
Date: October 03, 2010 12:22AM

It's so the men never have a weekend without a church meeting. The transcripts will be on the internet in a few days, usually by Thursday, and the next issue of the Ensign will have them, also, so there's no secrecy involved. It's just so the men don't have an entire weekend without a meeting, because they could get used to that.

Posted by: anon(cant login on phone) ( )
Date: October 03, 2010 01:59AM

as having appeal in the early days. She said smith was aware of the need for ppl at the time of a new cutting-edge, millenialist religious movement combined with a sense of tradition and conventional morals. The priesthood rang true since it embraced ancient authoritarianism and met the liberal demand by endowing every male with that power.

I think the current priesthood meetings are an extension of that, making each male feel empowered and elite. It was a bit more normal in smiths time but now we recognize it as sexist. Now the prophets are only preserving what worked in the first place, and TBM's let them get away with it because of that sense of presrving traditional morals. The lds obsession with gender always bothered me, even when I was in primary.

Posted by: Ex Aedibus ( )
Date: October 03, 2010 03:32AM

I really think this video about the Priesthood Session is pretty funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxuGxQ4tHmc

I attended the priesthood session for several years until leaving. I never really remember anything special happening. Once, I remember hearing ETB singing a rendition of "A Mormon Boy" and feeling embarassed about it.

Posted by: anonski22 ( )
Date: October 03, 2010 09:54AM

You have to actually see a Priesthood meeting in person, to get a sense of the chauvenistic, pompus feel of it.

The printed word doesnt do it justice

I think they know that if it was broadcasted for the general public, It would turn a lot of people off.

Posted by: Primus ( )
Date: October 03, 2010 11:02AM

Only those who are kissing up to the Bishop or Stake President to get leadership positions in the ward

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.