Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: isthisnameok? ( )
Date: September 17, 2010 04:23PM

I heard a rumor that the LDS Church is going to sell Utah State University some property it has because attendance by students is way down and it doesn't justify keeping the building. But apparently this is a trend throughout the State of Utah, has anyone else heard this?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: September 17, 2010 05:30PM

The Institutes released some numbers a while back that showed a declining enrollment. Perhaps someone still has a link?

Posted by: 87vetteguy ( )
Date: September 17, 2010 08:28PM

I am not surprised, but declining membership and declining enrollment go hand in hand. There may be a few reason, a couple being lack of kids, and maybe people moving out?

I know up here, the high school my kids attended was 4A several years ago, now it is down to 2A for sports. I also know several elementary schools have been closed and consolidated.

I also know that the number of kids in our ward is down, as more and more couples are postponing families and having fewer kids when they do have kids.

Just my ideas.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: September 17, 2010 08:28PM

Hard to imagine it being any further down than when I was at USU in the early '70s. If it weren't for student wards meeting there and the occasional dance the place would have been pretty much deserted. Okay, that's a slight exaggeration, but I didn't know anyone taking institute classes, and I was still semi-active at the time.

Posted by: govinda ( )
Date: September 17, 2010 09:25PM

only went there for the occasional dance trying to meet girls. But yeah, institute was dead. I didn't know anyone attending either. It was a waste of a building back then IMO.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.