Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: wonderer ( )
Date: October 03, 2010 04:53PM

David Icke says that The Mormon Church is Illuminati. Is this credible?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: October 03, 2010 04:57PM

No.

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: October 03, 2010 05:02PM

I don't know, but Paul Drockton has been publishing some interesting info about Marriner Eccles and the Fed Reserve, Zion's and Deseret Banks, as well as Kuhn, Loeb's, and Morgan Bank's activities in Utah. I'd love to know more...

Frank J. Cannon claimed, over 100 years ago, that LDSInc. had been saved from collapse by cash infusions from Kuhn Loeb.

There is surely some evidence of financial connections, if not "secret society" connections.

It's just good business to be a servant of the money masters, so that when they move the economy into depression, they will allow your operations to continue, instead of just eating you alive.

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: October 03, 2010 05:07PM

No. Just a scam based on folk magic, a bit of Methodism and a drop or two of Free Masonry.

Posted by: Major Bidamon ( )
Date: October 03, 2010 05:03PM

Like his other claim that we have been taken over by reptilians from the Drago star system, this would be difficult to prove. Like another radio host I listen to says (not Beck) ... "let's stick to things we can prove".

Posted by: Topper ( )
Date: October 03, 2010 05:08PM

there have been discussions here that seem to point toward there being a connection with illuminists at some level. Those photos of church presidents and U.S. presidents giving each other secret Masonic handshakes is revealing.

But I won't argue with any possible flamers about my opinion. There's a regular who knows who he is, as do I, who finds it funny to single me out.

Date: October 03, 2010 05:11PM

what photos!? please link, i'd love to see!

Date: October 03, 2010 05:17PM

Maybe they'll see the thread. They were taken at BYU graduations.

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: October 04, 2010 01:04AM

Topper Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Maybe they'll see the thread. They were taken at
> BYU graduations.

Heard someone knockin.

What is wanted?

http://www.mormonapologetics.org/topic/35918-presidents-bush-monson-meet/

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1ucll_cheney-hinckley-hand-shake_shortfilms

Date: October 04, 2010 04:10PM

Posted by: Troy ( )
Date: October 04, 2010 06:13AM

If you have the nerve.

Date: October 04, 2010 04:14PM

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: October 03, 2010 05:18PM

Icke is an utter loon, full of crap.

And yes, I DID know him before he had his breakdown. But even then he had mad, staring eyes. He really spooked me.

Date: October 03, 2010 05:30PM

What about his eyes? are they reptilian? LOL I love the Youtube videos of presidents with reptilian eyes. Havent seen any GA reptilian vids, not yet!

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: October 04, 2010 04:42AM

http://www.davidicke.com/headlines/37523--if-obama-signs-un-treaty-parental-rights-are-gone

>Sen. Jim DeMint (R- S.C.) said that if President Barack Obama gets his way and the Senate ratifies the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child, the precedent would be set to place parental rights under the jurisdiction of the international community.

SLC
Who will take his deletion like a man on this one...
And insist this isn't politics, it's sheer delusional insanity...

Edit:

Here's some more; guy appears to be a British Glenn Beck... Naw, I take that back; he's as nuts as Beck would be if Beck hadn't quit the booze and drugs...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Icke

>In March 1991, a week after resigning from the Green Party, he, his wife, and Deborah/Mari held a press conference to announce that he had become a "channel for the Christ spirit," a title conferred on him by "the Godhead." He said the world would end in 1997, preceded by a number of disasters. There would be a severe hurricane around the Gulf of Mexico and New Orleans, eruptions in Cuba, disruption in China, a hurricane in Derry, and an earthquake on the Isle of Arran. Los Angeles would become an island, New Zealand would disappear, and the cliffs of Kent would be under water by Christmas 1991. He said the information was being given to the three of them by voices and automatic writing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2010 04:58AM by SL Cabbie.

Posted by: Nealster ( )
Date: October 03, 2010 05:22PM

Ah, conspiracy theories. Always a good way of getting the guillable to buy your (useless) books.

There are no 'Illuminati'. Before someone asks me how I know, the burden of proof lies with the one making the claim.

As for David Icke, Alex Jones or any other number of conspiracy theorists with an audience, I find a big thing lacking in their hypothesis - a solution.

Posted by: mtnmdwcookiemonster ( )
Date: October 04, 2010 12:25AM

Posted by: Libros ( )
Date: October 04, 2010 02:54AM

That's a loaded question if I ever heard one! To date there does not exist any credible evidence for the "Illuminati" or any other type of secret cabal that runs the world according to a nefarious plan. Simply asking the question implies an assumption that is completely without substance.

The Mormon institution is a greedy self-serving cult. At times their interests align with other greedy self-serving institutions/individuals.

People like David Icke and Paul Drockton have long abandoned reality for a paranoid concept of the world that runs more like a cheap B movie than a coherent narrative of reality. It's sad to see so much time devoted to chasing shadows rather than devoting the same time and energy to actually confronting a fact-based reality.

In fact, the phrase "conspiracy theory" is a misnomer. A "theory" is a framework that explains facts (as in the theory of gravity or the theory of evolution). What Icke, Drockton, and a whole host of others produce are hypotheses. Hence, the products of their deluded minds aren't "conspiracy theories" but are, instead, baseless "conspiracy hypotheses" that don't pass even an elementary level of fact checking or testing.

The morg does indeed reek to high heaven of corruption, hypocrisy, greed, bigotry, and (most importantly) falsity. Those judgments however, unlike the Illuminati hypothesis, can be easily substantiated and defended with a mountain of evidence.

Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: October 04, 2010 03:24AM

Almost.

;)

Date: October 04, 2010 06:17AM

I would say that some of the brethren look rather reptilian. But only human beings could be capable of their level of mindlessness.

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: October 04, 2010 04:03PM

Posted by: forestpal ( )
Date: October 04, 2010 04:41PM

Posted by: Lucky ( )
Date: October 04, 2010 06:15AM

an organization that is going to save all the dead & fill the earth with the POS BOm is way too grand in its own eyes to have room for anything else.

Date: October 04, 2010 06:42AM

Posted by: Otremer ( )
Date: October 04, 2010 09:21AM

The Illuminati bloodlines are tracked through the genealogical files. "Pres. Geo. Q. Cannon also spoke upon the law of tithing. Among other things [he] said, 'there are those in this audience who are descendants of the old 12 Apostles and, shall I say it, yes, descendants of the Savior himself. His seed is represented in this body of men.' " (A Ministry of Meetings: The Apostolic Diaries of Rudger Clawson, edited by Stan Larson, Signature Books, 1993, p.71-72)

Posted by: charles, buddhist punk ( )
Date: October 04, 2010 09:44AM

I loves conspiracy theories, I does!

It reads like super spy or mystery novels, the plots, the characters, the possibilities. It's even probable that the so-called Illuminati are themselves pulling the strings, tossing misinformation out there to throw the scent off their super secret financial wheelings and dealings. Ah, to be part of all that action.

Date: October 04, 2010 09:57AM

I don't call them conspiracy theorists. A theorist is someone who tries to formulate a decent theory, scientific, historical or otherwise. A theorist has certain rules to observe. The people who propagate conspiracy tales are not theorists. They are "conspiracy enthusiasts." They have no theory.

Posted by: Major Bidamon ( )
Date: October 04, 2010 04:35PM

Troy, I understand what you're trying to say, but just because one "conspiracy theory" is not your cup of tea, I wouldn't necessarily dismiss the "conspiratorial view of world history" mindset. Just look at Church history. The way polygamy was initially introduced and practiced was a conspiracy. Personally, I think it's in our human nature (i.e., DNA) to favor conspiracies in the quest for "progress".

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: October 04, 2010 10:10AM

His books are hilarious though. Once on a whim, I downloaded a big pack of his books from BitTorrent. There must have been 60 books written by him. A lot of his writing is done in passive voice: "It is thought that a giant UFO base exists deep in the Earth under Area 51. Some say there are tunnels that lead to this base from the tunnels under the Mormon temple in Salt Lake City. Legends of the local native Americans tell of abductions and experiments." No wait. That last part was Whitley Streiber. Anyway, it goes on and on and on, crazy upon crazy without a shred of evidence for any of it and the burden of proof shifted to anyone who calls it bunk.

So, no. Anything you read by David Icke is shite unless proven otherwise.

Posted by: BadGirl ( )
Date: October 04, 2010 04:35PM

Delusions of grandeur and all
Illuminati = pure fiction.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.