Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: amos ( )
Date: January 15, 2011 03:16PM

The premise of the need for a sealing is that we don't come sealed as is. Not even by birth? The D&C says that the need for a sealing is because all man-made contracts have an end when we die, and that therefore you're no longer married to your spouse when you die because it was only man-made civil authority. OK. But what about natural born children? What's the rationale in the Mormon heaven for splitting parents from children? You obviously don't have to be married to have children, you need no authority or permission. It's just a built-in power of nature.
As a TBM I just took it for granted, of course, if we're not sealed then we can't be a family. But WTF??? Why not? I never pondered the concept that the default state is "sealed" naturally, and you'd need some interference to reach the Mormon default state of unsealed.
Preexistence always seemed like a perfectly harmless and benign concept, but now I see it as a major loophole. You can sail ships through it. All kinds of logic follows if we had a preexistence. You can say, like I said, that well we weren't arranged into biological families there, and thus biological families aren't the default condition (an AMAZING leap now that I think about it). Then, you've got your valiance bull shit, where you can speculate that consequences have carried over into mortality from unseen events, like why it's fair that black skin and other "curses" follow the children of them that hate God unto the third and fourth generation.
It's not just a scientific leap that we came from a previous dimension, it's a MORAL leap too, because then we start blaming people for shit they must have done there to cause their curses here. It's a VERY inequitable cop out.
So, according to this paradigm, your naturally born child is only tentatively yours, per some deal in the preexistence, and when life's over, deal's off, you didn't get sealed. Well, I know, the church has this huge proxy sealing alibi, OK. My point is that "heaven" would need a reason to separate you, not a reason to unite you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Emma's Flaming Sword never logged in ( )
Date: January 15, 2011 10:35PM

some one on the board once pointed out that other religions believe that you will be together by default. The Mormons think that the default is arrangement is separation UNLESS you do some silly ritual- so illogical!!!

Posted by: Naomi ( )
Date: January 15, 2011 11:27PM

brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, cousins, nieces, nephews? Do all those relationships just cease to exist when you die? Especially since you go through the experience of growing up with your siblings. Those experiences can't be taken away.

Posted by: roflmao ( )
Date: January 15, 2011 11:49PM

+1

Posted by: what does bible say about sealing ( )
Date: January 19, 2011 12:22PM

The sealing power is gods mark and authority, not by priesthood
as that belongs to god and not for man to rob god of priesthood
so without priesthood necessity there is no need for temples
let alone the bible says the dead are concious of nothing so
no need for work for dead people as that is all occult stuff.

The sealing must then relate to the original 4th commandment
remember the 7th day(saturday and keep it holy)
Sunday churches have no sealing power of authority at all but
all wander after the mark of the pagen sunday beast relegion
toward Rome, the antichrist head of all sunday relegions.

Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: January 19, 2011 12:36PM

he was a terrible systems designer.

Any business analyst would go for the source event and document it, not invent a hit or miss secondary event on top.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.