Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: lulu ( )
Date: January 16, 2011 03:33AM

what are you doing today.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: robertb ( )
Date: January 16, 2011 03:53AM

I'm reading a book titled Coming Back to Earth: From God, to Gods, to Gaia. It's very interesting. I'm thinking about my lack of religious connection and community and what I might do about it. Broadly speaking, the book is about how to have a religious (spiritual) life without God. I'm also considering attending the local Methodist Church tomorrow--I haven't attended in many years. But I may not because it is such an internal struggle for me.

My partner and daughter are gone to Utah because my partner's great-grandmother died. So, I'm restless. The dog went, too. He likes to travel and they like his company. So, I'm sitting here reading, thinking, and listening to music. At the moment "The Night They Rode Dixie Down" by The Band is playing.

Posted by: Sandie ( )
Date: January 16, 2011 04:06AM

It is Communion Sunday at the local Lutheran church. Communion there is considered "closed" (not open to outsiders), but I have permission from the pastor to take it. So I will imbibe today.

Robert, best wishes on your spiritual journey where ever it may lead.

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: January 16, 2011 04:29AM

Teaching Sun. School for one hr. and coming home from my Protestant church. Then there will be 25 women at my home...some teens....helping to wrap gifts for the expecting moms here in NV that are wives of the deployed or active duty women themselves. My daughter is in charge of the big shower on the 22nd, but wrapping is today.

There are 111 babies- set of triplets and some twins- so you can imagine all the laundry baskets filled with gifts. She loves to do it and has for a couple yrs. Many people contribute gifts and neighbors, churches too. I will be happy to have my house back but I support this event totally. It is called Operation Homefront. Shower is near the base somewhere in an armory I think.

Posted by: loveskids ( )
Date: January 16, 2011 04:57PM

Wonderful idea. You have a good daughter!

Posted by: Timothy ( )
Date: January 16, 2011 06:17AM

Just doesn't get any better than that!

Oh, and I'd rather paint a hallway than go to cult meetings any day of the week and TWICE on Sunday!

Play-offs? ... Play-offs? ... P-Play-offs? ... Play-offs?

Timothy

Posted by: bignevermo ( )
Date: January 16, 2011 09:51AM

looks like
THe Pack is Back!!
alas.... i am Vikings and Dolphins fan....crappy year for me!! :)

Date: January 16, 2011 10:17AM

... you remember the "Ice-Bowl" yea, even more unto your pain and suffering than "The (goddamn) Catch"

The Pack is Back?

F**k the Pack!

Timothy

Posted by: JBryan(not logged) ( )
Date: January 16, 2011 12:03PM

Don't be so sure. My beloved Falcons last night.

Nuff said.

Date: January 17, 2011 06:46AM

Yet rather than concede defeat, I say your poor Falcons were deceived, yea even manipulated into losing by the adversary.

A Falcons/Jets Super Bowl would have been ideal. My fear now is that the end-times draw near. The notion of a Packers/Steelers Super Bowl may seem quite delectable to some, but for such a contest to take place on the hallowed turf of Cowboys Stadium is beyond sacrilege. It is the embodiment of pure evil and surely a sign of things to come!

Hokay, Jerry Jones is actually the embodiment of pure evil, but still ...

Go Jets, go Bears is all I'm sayin'!

Timothy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2011 06:47AM by Timothy.

Posted by: Mormon Observer ( )
Date: January 16, 2011 07:07AM

My 89 year old father lives in an over the top beautiful retirement home. He can't go to his church service if he doesn't have someone to sit with him. (make that able bodied)
His wife (my [gag] step mother) goes but she can shuffle down the hall real well with her walker and ever since Dad couldn't be her 'good time charlie guy' she's not wanted much to do with him. He eats with a medic (great guy) and another resident in a private dining room rather than the main dining room because he's at the point where he pushes his food all over the plate and sometimes needs help cutting it and getting it on his fork, depending on what it is.
My dear step mother told me yesterday "he's a people person and needs to eat in the dining room". So I asked her if she ever joined him in the private dining room. "No, I eat in the dining room!" what a bithc!

Dad likes going to church. So now I will go with him as much as possible for the rest of his life.... and I don't expect to him to still be here to see the 4th of July.
He loves the service. I wheel him in, park him next to his wife (whom he still likes despite her treachery, he's an honorable man after all) then I sit on the other side of him next to the aisle. He loves it. Sings a few hymns, and joins with an amen to the prayers. Sleeps comfortably through the rest of it. But I'm still awake!!!! Arrgghh! BORING!!!!

It is ironic. Growing up Methodist, I was allowed to sleep quietly (which I rarely did being ADD) or fill in the 'o's on the program with a pencil while Dad listened to the sermon! What a full turn of the circle.

Here are these delightful old people [75+] enjoying their familiar cliches. Their minister loves them and it is a joy for him to come to this little flock. He tells the old familiar stories and they are happy.
I already know there were 12 apostles and what they did. (I was one odd Mormon because I was VERY familiar with my Bible) but I've grown so past what the Bob Hope generation ever learned.
But it will be sweet to give this gift of time to Dad. It means a lot to him...... :D!

Posted by: spaghetti oh ( )
Date: January 16, 2011 10:14AM

Posted by: SweetZ ( )
Date: January 16, 2011 07:54AM

At around 12 or 1 we'll head out to walk a 4 mile loop around a park that we've never been to before.

Then home to eat turkey chili and watch the Pats stomp all over the Jets. GO PATS!

Posted by: german lurker ( )
Date: January 16, 2011 10:06AM

so far: yoga - breakfast - swimming - walking - lunch at the stable/'playing' with the horses - sitting in the sun, dreaming and reading - back at home: drinking lots of coffee and watching funny videos like this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVKRkA9Xm8Y

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: January 16, 2011 10:13AM

Cooking, cleaning, organizing. Finishing up a box I'm painting so I can finally put away the xmas ornaments. Also gotta come up with some fun projects for the children I nanny for as there is no school tomorrow.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: January 16, 2011 10:24AM

Been laying in bed watching House 6th season. I have to take my dog to get a bath at Petsmart at 10. It is too cold here to give him a bath at home and make sure he is dry. It is kind of freaking me out--he is almost 14 and isn't doing so well. I have this fear he'll die while he is at Petsmart. My ex isn't here (who also loves my dog) and I could really use him to be here to be supportive. (Crazy I know--I have extreme anxiety about my dog.)

So . . . I'll be taking a walk around Petsmart waiting for his bath to be done and then I'll be working and I'll be working on painting my stair railing.

I used to LOVE football--my disabled brother is a die-hard Broncos fan--but my ex cured me of that. He always poked fun at me for watching football. I learned to like it because football was the biggest argument my parents had on Sundays all my life and I married someone who doesn't like sports (go figure).

Posted by: lostinutah ( )
Date: January 16, 2011 11:09AM

I'm drinking coffee and will soon take the dogs for a hike, then come home and eat leftover pizza.

I haven't set foot in a church since I was 15, except for weddings and memorial services. To me, Sunday is just another day, except it sometimes irritates me that things are closed.

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: January 16, 2011 11:57AM

Tidying up our back garden after the overnight storms blew our neighbour's fence down.

Posted by: Lillium ( )
Date: January 16, 2011 01:05PM

Just finished eating scrambled eggs and now drinking my 3rd cup of joe.

Gonna watch the Jets/Patriots game later. Have no idea what I'll do in between cuz it's raining too hard to go outside.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: January 16, 2011 01:08PM

Posted by: robertb ( )
Date: January 16, 2011 03:43PM

A win by the Seahawks would be a minor miracle, but I'm rooting for them, too :-) And now that San Francisco has hired Jim Harbaugh as the 49er coach, I may watch football more often.

Posted by: get her done ( )
Date: January 16, 2011 01:10PM

Holding my to girls in my lazy boy, telling them how beautiful they are and how much I love them. Looking out the window and being so thankful we have nothing to do today. No meetings, no stress just peace and contentment. So glad to be out of the cult and my kids will never know about it. They are free agents and doing so well at life without the guilt of the cult.

Posted by: top ( )
Date: January 16, 2011 02:05PM

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: January 16, 2011 02:15PM

I'm drinking some coffee, and since it's a nice day, I plan to take the dogs for a walk and also go to the gym.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.