Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: January 16, 2011 09:39PM

http://www.newser.com/story/109737/for-good-health-have-a-beer.html

Beer lovers, rejoice: ale or lager in moderation is good for you, a new study suggests. It offers folic acid, calcium, vitamins, and iron, and its benefits match those of wine, the Daily Telegraph reports. The study of 1,249 men and women older than 57 found that those who drank beer regularly and moderately—think small glass instead of a pint—had a lower risk of diabetes and high blood pressure.

They also boasted lower body fat. And those pairing their beer regime with a Mediterranean diet “not only did not put on weight, but in some cases even lost weight,” said a researcher. So what’s the story with beer bellies? At least in Britain, those come from drinking “large quantities, almost without moving from one spot, while eating chips and sausages.”

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: jpt ( )
Date: January 17, 2011 12:01AM

Let's see... I can spend my sundays attending mormon meetings or doing home teaching, or I can catch some rays with a brew and peanuts at the park watching a game.

It's for sure my mental health is much better doing the latter.

Posted by: chainsofmind ( )
Date: January 17, 2011 12:30AM

Whatever! Coffee and tea are supposedly good for you too, but who are you gonna believe, God or science? God knows better than man, so he must have a good reason.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.