Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: loveskids ( )
Date: January 16, 2011 10:03PM

My 33 year old dd and I attend the same church. She is a youth leader and LOVES her girls like I have never seen love shown. She had a baby at 17-my now 15 year old granson. This has helped her in her understanding of what teenage girls go through,and how to communicate with them. We were very accepting of our dd's decision to keep her baby,and they lived with us for a few years.
A few days ago,one of the more troubled girls (that only rarely comes to church) was found walking down a very dangerous road in the pouring rain. Fortunately,one of the church members found her and took her to the church building. The pastor was there and was able to talk to the girl. He said he would do anything to help her through this time. My dd is involved and will be a big help to this young,troubled,gets in trouble a lot girl. The girls parents want nothing to do with their dd. They have plenty of money,but at least for now say she is on her own.

So who is the father? Guess. A nice Mormon boy. He is the second oldest of 4 boys and we were in the same ward with them from the time the boys were born. Your typical very tbm family. Little boys getting up in FandT meeting and making everyone cry because of their strong spirit. These boys were going far. The oldest has been in jail and in way to much trouble for 1 kid. This second one is a senior and had a year before his mission. I guess he will have to scratch that. His parents are frantically tryin to get him out of dodge and away from this "naughty" girl. The bishop is behind the parents. Get the kid out. The teenagers weren't even dating,it was a one time (or not) thing and they were not being responsible. I'm sure the boy thought this could never happen to a nice Mormon boy. The girl is a nevermo. My dd is really frustrated because of the lack of responsibility the boy and his parents are showing and because the girl is in lala land. The girl thinks if she gets a few things together,somehow gets herself a car and job...that everything should be fine! And the poor baby that is going to be thrown into this mess. So so sad.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: anon123 ( )
Date: January 16, 2011 10:11PM

Do you guys know anybody willing to take her in?

Posted by: caedmon ( )
Date: January 16, 2011 10:43PM

This girl is going to need everyone's support and love.

The son of the bishop got his never-mo GF pregnant. He admitted to having sex with her but claimed she had sex with lots of guys so he was probably not the father. He was sent on his mission anyway and his wealthy family paid the girl off.

Posted by: anon123 ( )
Date: January 16, 2011 10:51PM

At least she got the money she needed, and I'm willing to bet the poor girl didn't sleep around, just a theme of TSCC, putting others down to get what they want.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2011 10:52PM by anon123.

Posted by: scarecrowfromoz ( )
Date: January 16, 2011 11:19PM

That's the estimated cost to raise a kid to age 18.

Posted by: lostinutah ( )
Date: January 16, 2011 11:22PM

Child support laws dictate the father has to pay child support. She would be wise to determine legally he's the father (DNA test) before he disappears.

Posted by: loveskids ( )
Date: January 16, 2011 11:47PM

Knowing my church the way I do,I would bet they are trying right now to find a place for the young lady to stay.There will be no lack of support for her among the church members,which will continue after the baby is born. It was just the opposite when my daughter was pregnant at 17. The women were soooo afraid their daughters might be influenced by my evil dd that had sex. She was forced to live with an lds family out of the area her last 4 months. We would visit her and she seemed to be doing okay. She had her puppy with her so that helped. We later found out this great lds family treated her horribly. Never included her in family activities,made her stay in her bedroom most of the time. She was very sick one time and they never even helped her. She was so depressed when she came home at 8 months preg. A friend in the ward wanted to give her a shower,but the VIP moms said no way. She doesn't deserve it. We had the shower anyway.

I will certainly do all I can to help this young lady while she is pregnant and after. Show her what unconditional love is all about.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.