Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: lostinutah ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 10:42AM

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=14038064

A native of Jamaica, caught in a police chase crossfire by accident.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 10:58AM

Their thrst is to put the *right* spin on such stories.

I'd like to see newsreports from Jamaica and other sources.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 11:07AM

He absolutely believed the Holy Ghost protected the righteous, and that if something happened it was because the HG had withdrawn his protection because of unrighteousness. In the case of missionaries, that usually meant masturbation or not following the rules 110 percent.

Posted by: Duder ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 12:30PM

Was Job unrighteous?
Jesus?
Joseph Smith?

If the scriptures (and LDS Church History) taught me anything, it was that the righteous take it in the shorts more than anyone else. whenever I hear some faithful mormon or Christian promising that evil only falls on the unrighteous, I shake my head. They must have a whole different set of scriptures than I did.

Posted by: Misfit ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 02:01PM

The shield and protection of the Garment of the Holy Priesthood only works up to the point until your work is finished here on the earth. Evidently, he was finished. Pretty sad, actually.

Posted by: experienceheals ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 02:12PM

I'm surprised non of you mentioned he only got killed because the lds church believes that all dark skinned people are cursed, so how could any cursed race be protected or even righteous? I'm not saying that personal because I think it's total bullshit, but the MORmONS believe that. That's sad that he happened to be in cross fire though. It has nothing to do with righteousness either. It has everything to do with receiving senses, common sense, warnings of not so good feelings in different situations, which has saved my butt many times. Also just being at the wrong place at the wrong time. My heart and prayers go out to the family during this tragic event. I hope one way or another they will find comfort and strength to hold it together during this rough patch in their lives. It's never easy for anyone to lose a loved pone.

Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 02:33PM

Do the police in Jamaica often engage in public shootouts during chases? That seems incredibly dangerous.

Then again, I don't know what happened -- maybe the criminals were doing all the shooting?

Posted by: Primus ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 02:46PM

I have to verify if it was this situation, however, my wife gasped last night and said "So and sos boy had his companion killed on his mission!"

My wife was going to confirm which mission our friends son was serving in, since they are in a different ward than us. Wow.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.