Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Mom of 8 kids ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 11:34AM

my husband and i are taking our 2 oldest kids out for lunch today and tell them what we think/feel about the church. They are both 19 y.o. (1 bio, 1 adopted). And they quit going to the Mormon church a couple of years ago. They have both moved out, and back in a couple of times. Should we have any kind of outline, or plan? I'm kind of looking forward to hearing what they have to say.

Wish us luck!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Truthseeker ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 11:37AM

It would be great if my folks had the same talk with me. Best of luck!

Posted by: DNA ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 11:38AM

Good luck for sure!

I wish I was in your place. One of my children just got married in the temple. I so wish that they also hadn't been in a couple of years.

Perhaps sometime I'll be there. I say, enjoy the ride tonight. Let us know how it goes.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 12:55PM

agree on a couple of ideas and each of you talk about something different. My guess is that they will take it well. Might free them up also.
<<~~~ Waiting for your return and report! :-)

Posted by: What is Wanted ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 01:47PM

with lunch. That is a good place to start :)

Posted by: Mom of 8 kids ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 03:03PM

Lunch went pretty good. Like I said, they had been going away from the church for a couple of years now.I think it was a little surprising to them, but not totally un-expected. (In part due to the fact that our whole family went to a mega, modern Christian church this past Sunday. The one that our oldest has been going to for quite a while now.) they agreed with pretty much everything that we talked to them, and even offered some books they had. They also didn't think that our other kids would take it that hard. But, we shall see. I think we will be talking to our 6 other kids, ages 9-18, sometime this week. I'll let you know how that goes. Thanks for your help, and insight.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 03:06PM

Posted by: Cristina ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 03:11PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.