Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: SEcular Priest ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 01:41PM

My wife gave me a DVD called "On Sacred Ground". It's about Brother Madison and he talks about what has taken place at various places. The home of JS, the Sacred Groove, Kirkland. That is as far as I have gotten.

He speaks very sincerely and seems to believe what he is saying. Some of it I had learned back in the 60's and 70's. Some of it would be so foreign to new members today.

Who is this man?

He talked about the First Vision with another version I had never heard before. He said that JS was talking to the Elders in Kirkland. He said the light appeared and a personage came down and place his hand on JS's forehead. He said a second personage then appeared and the first said this is my Beloved Son. Joseph then told the elders how he had a vision of the cosmos, etc like Abraham of old.

Is anyone familiar with this version and where it can be read?
Again Madison seemed very sincere when he told this.

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Grey ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 01:50PM

I used to be under the Madsen spell and was very disappointed when I discovered that he took a whited sepulcre approach when presenting church history.

He never once, portrayed Joe in anything other than a saintly light. A complete fabrication.

The Cult owed him a great deal.

Actually, i saw him speak once, and whilst still a TBM, at that stage I realised he was a fake. He seemed completely disengenious. His wife, who also spoke, seemed more sincere than he was.

Cheers

Posted by: Lucky ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 01:55PM

Truman Madsen BYU faculty

Former Pres. Boston Mass Mission
as was Paul H Dunn
(apparently Boston is a great mission for LIARS)

Grandson of LDS President Heber J Grant

MORmON apologist

Posted by: European View ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 01:56PM

His son used to be in our UK ward so Madsen snr visited a few times on his way to and from byu jerusalem (or whatever it was called). I had never heard of him and was astonished to see how he was mobbed as if an A list celeb. One guy actually knelt in front of him. All the answers in Sunday School those Sundays were particularly learned.

A friend of mine was disappointed because she thought he was Stephen Covey.

Surprisingly his son was put into the bishopric within a month of arriving in the ward. (irony mode 'on')

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.