Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: goldenrule ( )
Date: April 05, 2013 08:32PM

TBMs on my FB have been posting this all day...

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/765626083/Al-Fox-Tattooed-Mormon.html

Seriously, what a joke.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: notsurewhattothink ( )
Date: April 05, 2013 08:48PM

What are they posting about? Don't judge others or something? The Bishop in my ward when I was a Deacon was covered in Tats, nothing new. Made him look "awesome!" to me, but only when he was doing yard work and had a t shirt on.

Posted by: crafty ( )
Date: April 05, 2013 08:53PM

Read her blog. She's just a tad obsessed with the "gospel."

Date: April 05, 2013 10:18PM

I started looking through it, and it seems fishy. Almost like it was done by a Mormon for Mormons. The way she "writes" just doens't flow like I'd imagine.

Posted by: mia ( )
Date: April 05, 2013 08:53PM

They tattoo a big Letter A or F on the foreheads of members all the time. It's in invisible ink, but they keep a little file to let everyone know it's there.

Posted by: albertasaurus ( )
Date: April 05, 2013 09:33PM

Barf. Too bad i love tats, just not mormon girls haha

Posted by: Ripley ( )
Date: April 05, 2013 09:37PM

I would bet that she is making a living somehow by doing all those fireside talks and the church is getting a spokesperson who some will perceive as "cool". A mutually beneficial arrangement to both. It just doesn't sound sincere to me.

Posted by: freonsniffer ( )
Date: April 05, 2013 09:42PM

Tattoos on gals are so a turn off. you go bangin a gal with tattoos and all your going see is her ex'x starein right back at ya. Kinda a like mini barnies dancing on their shoulders laughin "already been there"

Posted by: fidget ( )
Date: April 05, 2013 09:51PM

Wow...
I'm a woman with tattoos and you are making a hasty generalization.

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: April 05, 2013 10:32PM

Your statement reflects a whole hell of a lot more on YOUR insecurities. Afraid you won't measure up?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2013 10:33PM by Itzpapalotl.

Posted by: albertasaurus ( )
Date: April 05, 2013 10:38PM

Haha you can have your chaste virgins anyday

Posted by: schlock ( )
Date: April 07, 2013 03:20PM

Chicks with tats are incredibly hot.

Exhibit A: The Chive

Date: April 05, 2013 10:16PM

I know plenty of girls with tattoos that have them for many other reasons that old boyfriends and drunk galavanting. Many reasons are symbolic, many are for expression of art/feelings, and some are religious reasons.

To be honest, sometimes I wish my wife had a few tattoos as I find them to be a turn on when done tastefully.

Posted by: WakingUpVegas ( )
Date: April 05, 2013 10:38PM

I've seen this story a bunch of times on my FB wall in the past week. It's like they're all saying "Look, we're so Christlike for not judging this girl!"
Except didn't the Young Women just hear a talk about staying away from people with tattoos?

Posted by: goldenrule ( )
Date: April 06, 2013 12:28AM

My thoughts exactly!

But I think what is really awful about this article is that she is acknowledging that tattoos are sinful and that Mormons will be assholes and judge you for having them, but YOU should not get offended and suck it up because the church is TWOO.

Actually, I kind of get this perspective. I was treated horribly by the girls in my singles branch where I met my husband. There were about 3x as many girls as guys and pickings were slim. My DH was a hot commodity and had just called off his engagement, the girls were about to pounce when I stole him right from under their noses hehe. Anyway, they were HORRIBLE to me. But I kept going to church because I had a testimony (stupid).

Once I came to my senses and realized the church is an utter fraud, the fact that Mormons are judgemental, hypocritical asses just made it that much easier to leave.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: April 06, 2013 01:30AM

I think they're saying, "See? We're all normal and shiz. See? We're not weird. Not us."

Posted by: gladtobeme ( )
Date: April 06, 2013 09:47AM

This is what I thought too. What other church would need to make such a big deal about accepting 1 girl who has tattoos? Any other church wouldn't even consider this an issue. But then you have mormons posting this on facebook going "Look, look! A beautiful blonde-haired blue-eyed girl who got some tattoos before she was converted! And look how hard we are accepting her, even though tattoos are evil!"

Barf. I read this too after someone pinned it on pinterest, and the thing that kept going through my mind was, I wonder how long it will be before she cracks and realizes it's all a scam and leaves the church?

Date: April 06, 2013 01:34PM

bang bang bangidy bang. tatoos are a lifestyle. i dont see anyone in the majority chrtistian kingdom not (just mormon) to express their feelings towards the lord. its all about thier lifestyle and past. i did not put down any women with tattoos because of ink buried in their skin. but i did put down that wild gal with ink whos whores around.

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: April 06, 2013 05:16PM

A misogynistic slut-shamer who doesn't measure up. How fresh and original.

Date: April 06, 2013 05:22PM

Actually you put down all women with tattoos. And now you are slut shaming like Itz said.

Posted by: schlock ( )
Date: April 07, 2013 03:25PM

If a woman enjoys sex, and enjoys orgasms, well there's nothing better.

And if she's single (or in an open relationship), and she enjoys being with several partners (or just with herself), good for her. She knows what she wants out of life, and she pursues expressions of her humanity with gusto. And?

(Sniff sniff, I think I'm smelling stinky troll stench here.)

Posted by: spanner ( )
Date: April 07, 2013 04:09PM

Troll.
Or judgemental TBM who can't keep cover. Same thing.

Posted by: spanner ( )
Date: April 07, 2013 04:15PM

So the moral of the story is that Mormonism makes such judgemental a$$holes of its members,that it takes a special, rare, kind of self-delusion for people who are different to live among them.

Edit : this was supposed to post at the bottom.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2013 04:16PM by spanner.

Date: April 07, 2013 04:34PM

nope not a I'm diffently not a troll. Just stateing how i feel on the matter. i do see that the website is not just for those who purely oppose everything the church does.

Date: April 07, 2013 04:37PM

You're stereotyping women with tattoos and women who sleep with what you consider to be too many people.

Posted by: Becca ( )
Date: April 06, 2013 09:51AM

Looking at the pictures I'm thinking:
"She's beautiful!.. what's the problem? Why would she not be accepted?.. what the hell is the issue here!??"

Is it really all about the tattoos on her arms?.. really? REALLY?????

And what she's advocating.. choosing not to be offended... choosing not to get mad..choosing not to stand up for yourself... that seems really unhealthy to me.. You get pretty screwed up in you go through life like that...

Posted by: liminal state ( )
Date: April 06, 2013 10:59AM

Mormonism is trying to "update" its own status to modern times.

Posted by: GetTheLedZepOut ( )
Date: April 06, 2013 11:31AM

I think you guys are right on the mark. Smacks of propaganda to me. I have no trouble believing the church or some faction of it is likely behind this. I think she's been set up as a "sin hero".

Remember those? Someone who has supposedly been a "druggie" or, worse yet, committed "moral" sins and now they are giving a fireside chat and blubbering how "it isn't worth it".

Posted by: 101 ( )
Date: April 06, 2013 02:05PM

Hill & Knowlton public relations firm(or some similar agency) paid good money to have this girl convert to the church, seriously, what she is making from them under the table I can only imagine...

It is the American dream, to be a tatoo'd Mormon, after all...

Posted by: tiptoes ( )
Date: April 06, 2013 02:16PM

I made a few comments on this FB thread and all of them have disappeared! Assholes!

Posted by: twojedis ( )
Date: April 06, 2013 02:27PM

What I hate about that post is that because she just got baptized, the tattoos are ok. If she just wanted tattoos and got them, even if totally temple worthy, that would not be ok. She's still apologizing for how she looks.

Posted by: 101 ( )
Date: April 06, 2013 02:42PM

Actually I need to say a bit more on this, it is interesting that Gordon B. Hinkleys 1990's war on tatoo's and rave parties has disappeared just like Spencer W. Kimball's(one of the most satanic things ever conceived by a supposed christian) 'war on sex' during the 1980's. Back in the pre 'internet apostasy' years the church had the luxury of psychologically mangling everyone who did not totally fit whithin its cookie cutter image, but now...

But getting back to our little 'pr darlin.'(hell, have Hill & Knowlton make a VNR about how normal you are and play it on KSL)

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/765626083/Al-Fox-Tattooed-Mormon.html

But, to paraphrase the great Hunter S. Thompson, when looking at her I think, 'this is what America would be doing on a Saturday night if the Nazi's had won the war.' Thompson also said in his book 'Hey Rube' that 'Utah has a karmic deficit that can never be redeemed.' And this is a significant challenge for all of you working in the public relations industry...

But since we live in an age of universal Orwellian deceit, for your next tat, I recommend getting inked one of the pictograms from the Book of Abraham papyrus. As it is one of histories greatest forgeries, and that this fact was completely ignored by the mass-media when that Mormon guy was running for president last year(and boy do they ignore a lot) I recommend getting these iconic images on your body as a testament to the Mormon churches ability to 'hoodwink' people in this dark and nefarious age that we live in...

Posted by: Me1237 ( )
Date: April 07, 2013 12:18PM

I wonder what her previous job was? Actress?

If only there was a profit movitive that fed the exposure of scams like this large institutions based on lies would not be so successful.

Who can research this girls background.

Posted by: richardthebad (not logged in) ( )
Date: April 06, 2013 07:17PM

I'm baffled. That was printed in a Newspaper? I've never had any respect for Deseret, but really? Most papers have a religion section on the weekend, but that article is so far from journalism that it is truly pathetic.

Posted by: drilldoc ( )
Date: April 07, 2013 12:41PM

It's an invitation to return to the church inspite of "past poor decisions". Our pastor has tattoos and wears jeans to church.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.